Trichakra

What is a zodiac cusp?

7 posts in this topic

On 12.09.2016 at 7:28 AM, Trichakra said:

What is a zodiac cusp?

How do you find out your moon, sun, mercury, Venus, and mars signs? And what is this zodia cusp thing? What does it all mean?

Hey, this is my favorite subject! Since it is close to home; I myself am a cusp. Born in January 21st; in between Capricorn and Aquarius. 
sign cusps ile ilgili görsel sonucu

I find this answer the most helpful.

cusp-poster.jpg

This chart shows the dates of cusps, as well as writing the names of them.
Cusps tend to carry the energies of both signs they are cusping. But much like in chemistry, when elements come together to form a compound, they exhibit different qualities; cusps are similar. They have their own personality.

About how to find your moon, mercury and other signs..
You google "free natal chart", and click on a website (usually first one is good). You enter your birth information. Birth time isn't that important unless you want to know your house placements. However, Moon changes sign in 2 or 3 days. This means if Moon was completing its cycle in a sign the day you were born; then you need birth time to know exactly which Moon sign you are. And Moon sign is important.

Share your chart with us! :)

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Elif said:

About how to find your moon, mercury and other signs..

You google "free natal chart", and click on a website (usually first one is good). You enter your birth information. Birth time isn't that important unless you want to know your house placements. However, Moon changes sign in 2 or 3 days. This means if Moon was completing its cycle in a sign the day you were born; then you need birth time to know exactly which Moon sign you are. And Moon sign is important.

Share your chart with us! :)

Thanks for this. I will try and will share with you guys.

• Upvote 1

On 14.09.2016 at 6:56 AM, Trichakra said:

Thanks for this. I will try and will share with you guys.

I wonder how your birth chart looks like :) I'd want to see it.

Cusps don't exist in real Astrology. Only in uninformed popular media posts. 

If you calculate your chart with your birth date, time and location, you will see you are either; example - sun sign in Virgo at the 29th degree (out of 30 degress for each sign) or the next sign, Libra at 0 degrees.

Sun sign represents your Conscious will. What you do  with your awareness and reason.

Moon sign is your subconscious side, the habits and what your brain has learned to do through repetition- hence it's innate and natural. 

Venus is your Interconnectedness, how you relate to others in a romantic sense, your aesthetics, dress sense, etc.

Mars is your libido, drive, the ''lower energies'' like how you express anger. 

Ascendant is your social mask, how you appear to the world outside, new people you meet and how you approach life in new situations.

How each 'planet' behaves will be determined by the sign it occupies and the House position. As well as aspects - the connections each planet makes to one another. 

And so much more. :)

Try astro.com for some info on your personal chart.

Edited by Ghastly
Grammar.

I could argue there is no such thing as 'real' astrology. It's for the uninformed (Fool power to sarcasm....Which version of astrology, as there are using?) . Use astronomy if you want to measure something real and tangible and yes their is such a thing as a cusp. Its a mathematical construct. When the sun sign is in or close to the boundary between two signs. How far from the boundary is a matter of debate and quite arbitrary. How its interpreted is also another matter. There it is again! Who determines where these boundaries are? Which stars are incorporated into these boundaries? Are these boundaries ever changing? My GOD what if they overlap for a particular constellation?   Actually there are disagreements over that too.

Cheers! Live and LEARN.

Live and Learn indeed. Hopefully you will soon learn the difference between ''their' and 'there'. :) Astrology has no cusps.  This is a thread about Astrology, not Astronomy. 

Psychology oriented Astrology is deeper and more complex than the crumbs I'm able to provide you. I suggest you read up about it. It's interesting. Take C.G. Jung's research on it, he found a predominance of female Moon sign being in the same sign as a male Sun sign in couples that were married. ( Note the symbolic marriage of Sun & Moon, light & dark, Yin Yang)

Here's a quote from Astro.com :

''The astrological horoscope, Carl Jung observed in a letter of 1954, “corresponds to a definite moment in the colloquy of the gods, that is to say the psychic archetypes.”1 This statement, one of many similar assertions made throughout his life, is illustrative of Jung’s belief that astrology can provide symbolic insight into the workings of the human psyche. Astrological charts, cast for specific moments in time, might be construed as something like a symbolic portrayal of the universal principles, or archetypes, once personified by the gods and goddesses of ancient myth. Indeed, astrology, Jung remarked in a letter to Sigmund Freud, “seems indispensable for a proper understanding of mythology.”

If Astrology doesn't work at some energetic level, at least we know it's a projection of the collective human subconscious archetypes onto outward stars. And it tells a lot about humans.

Nobody is certain. Especially with the lack of research into Astrology. (Mainly for the fear of this notorious Astrology and how any association with it will ''taint'' the reputation of said insecure person.) However it shouldn't prevent us from exploring it. Take what's best from it and leave the rest aside.

Just a few examples from the top of my head :) 

Moon associated with femininity, is a planet ruled by a Water sign. Take Moon cycles - Strong association with menstrual cycles,  tide levels, etc.

Sun associated with masculinity, is a planet ruled by a Fire sign. Traits of vitality,will. - Exposure to sunlight produces vitamin D, which prevents depression = increases vitality.

I wish you the best, and especially an open mind so you can gain wisdom from the sources you would never have guessed could provide it.