ashleyrobyn

Frequency paintings

12 posts in this topic

i painted this water color design one night using what felt like my inner emotions,  and i recently came across teal's frequency paintings. my painting reminded me of hers in a less cool way haha it's probably just a random design but maybe someone on here knows if it has a frequency!? probably not. Teal's "psychic" painting stood out to me most. and it felt like i was meant to see that painting of hers :') so that's cool

IMG_20160608_144047.jpg

• Upvote 13

I'm not a seer of frequencies but this painting has a good vibration, so thanks for sharing! The circle in the center has depth, which draws me in. I feel like seeing planet Earth from the cosmos. It also reminds me of being on the beach two weeks ago, and having the desire to be sucked in by the sand, and into the center of the earth.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Lizzy said:

I don't see frequencies visually like teal either, but I think everyone kinda gets the vibe of drawings. I mean, I think your description really matches too. 

If you're interested you can google the "bouba/ Kiki effect" and there's a Wikipedia page on it. How most people associate sounds with certain images. One of these images is usually picked as a "bouba" and one as a "Kiki". I think the painting is closer to bouba than a Kiki vibe. It's the more chill one lol.

image.jpg

Thanks, Lizzy, this is a really helpful perspective! I now realize that most of my own drawings or doodles are staging a fight between bouba and kiki. 

Pretty pretty! You should make more! (I want to see!) It's very therapeutic. Not just when you look at it, but while creating it. It feels nice to look at. Calming. It's like staring into someone's eyes.

This painting makes me think of a ripple in water, or the way water is affected by sound vibration. Have you ever seen videos of that? 

I like this painting a lot. :)