Irina D

Raising our children.

5 posts in this topic

Raising our children.

What do you do when a child gets angry about losing when he plays a game? How do you teach him  to deal with his anger regarding this?  

Great question, I try to tell my kids to walk away when they get angry and take a break, they listen to me when I say it but when it happens do they do what I tell them?  no, I would love to know this and how to teach my kids patience...even just a little bit.  I mostly think though that there is no controlling kids... I even worked with kids for a while and my job was to try and control them, or change their behavior but I never understood how I was  supposed to do that.

On 9/10/2016 at 6:09 PM, Irina D said:

Raising our children.

What do you do when a child gets angry about losing when he plays a game? How do you teach him  to deal with his anger regarding this?  

Irina D, great question! I had to observe my son for a couple of days before i could answer, because i couldn't remember if gets angry or upset if he doesn't win. Turned out he gets maybe upset.... but then he looks at other ways to win or  just switches to something else that he is good at.

I think any reaction children adopt from their parents and also from other people/friends  (depends who they mostly spend time with). Losing a game is the same as not getting something that is wanted. I think we all have the right to be upset about it, wouldn't you? So, if a parent gets angry when not getting something and child sees it.... he/she will react the same way.

I think the key is to look at loosing from a different angle: " Yes, you didn't win but what did you learn from this level? Now you know the "weak" places that you didn't know about before!" Or " i am sorry you didn't get this thing. Think about other ways to get it. " or "What do you think you have now because you didn't get what you wanted?"  and so on. Irina, you'll be amazed how deep the  thought process can go in their little heads)))

Perhaps go over the Completion process and see how it can help :) Since it's a process of healing OUR inner child, it can give a few tips and tricks to help our present child. 

But, what I do with my kids is just basically help them process their emotions, like, "Are you sad? Are you mad?" I don't know if this would be helpful when a kid is mad about winning, but it can help you find answers eventually in regards to helping him move through the emotion and feel completion about the situation. 

Also, keep asking your guides, or whatever you envision as a guide (ex. angels, ancestors), to help you find the answer. You might get an answer quickly, or it may take a while. It's an ongoing process for me! I have a 9, 5, and 3 year old. My 5 year old exhibits the most anger the most often. A friend suggested the asking for guidance in guiding my child... and it was really helpful advice. And, from time to time, even if my children aren't in an upset state I'll just ask for that guidance to help myself stay in tune for my intention to help my children be their authentic selves.

On 11/09/2016 at 1:27 AM, walt said:

Let them have their feelings by listening without judgement or interruption.

When you don't react you model a positive outcome. Good modeling is the best teaching.

Thank you so much for replying. Sometimes is very difficult to see my son hitting himself when playing a computer game.....