YOD

50 People Dead in Gay Club Shooting in Orlando - is Religion responsible?

16 posts in this topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cThjEEFT0w

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/12/us/orlando-nightclub-shooting/

'An act of hate'

There has been no claim of responsibility for the attack on jihadi forums, but ISIS sympathizers have reacted by praising the attack on pro-Islamic State forums.
"We know enough to say this was an act of terror and act of hate," President Obama said in an address to the nation from the White House.
While the violence could have hit any American community, "this is an especially heartbreaking day for our friends who are lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender," he said.

50 dead at massacre in Gay Club in Orlando last night. June is Gay Pride month, the suspect (OMAR MATEEN, 27) called 911 before the shooting and said "he stands with ISIS."  

Omar Mateen drove 2 hours to a Gay Club in Orlando, Florida and opened fire around 2AM right when the Gay Club was letting out for the night. (At the time of the shooting, alcohol was no longer being sold, and people were exiting the club event.)

National Tragedy or ***False Fag Operation/False Flag Operation?***

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

'Is religion responsible?'

Who invented religion? 

PS: Are we even allowed to have these sort of discussion around here?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, L-Ava said:

PS: Are we even allowed to have these sort of discussion around here?

Why? Is this place a haven of censorship and one-sided views? Would Teal support such an anti-free speech community?

• Upvote 2

Ignorance, misunderstanding, and fear leads to prejudice. The man who did the shooting is afraid. He feels powerless, and for whatever reason, he sees gays as a threat. So he physically harmed 103 of them in an effort to regain his sense of power and safety. Do not let your own ignorance, misunderstanding, and fear lead you to believe that Islam is to blame for this. It is easy at a time like this to resort to a state of revenge (because it is a higher vibration than fear and powerlessness) and then look for someone to blame, but it will only fuel more prejudice and hate. We mitigate this issue by enlightening one another and manifesting a world where there is less fear.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Cam913_ said:

Ignorance, misunderstanding, and fear leads to prejudice. The man who did the shooting is afraid. He feels powerless, and for whatever reason, he sees gays as a threat. So he physically harmed 103 of them in an effort to regain his sense of power and safety. Do not let your own ignorance, misunderstanding, and fear lead you to believe that Islam is to blame for this. It is easy at a time like this to resort to a state of revenge (because it is a higher vibration than fear and powerlessness) and then look for someone to blame, but it will only fuel more prejudice and hate. We mitigate this issue by enlightening one another and manifesting a world where there is less fear.

He did not see gays as a threat.

He saw gays as a target. 

5 hours ago, Cam913_ said:

It is easy at a time like this to resort to a state of revenge (because it is a higher vibration than fear and powerlessness) and then look for someone to blame, but it will only fuel more prejudice and hate. We mitigate this issue by enlightening one another and manifesting a world where there is less fear.

@Cam913_ I agree. We replace fear with love, loving those who were harmed and killed, loving their families, loving those who acted so hatefully as to do something like this, loving where there is hate, and showing compassion to ourselves no matter our initial response. And just continuing to move in the direction of love. :):)

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, YOD said:

He did not see gays as a threat.

He saw gays as a target. 

The LGBT were a perfect target for him because something about our way of life seems threatening to him. Fear is the root of all prejudice. Teal has probably four videos that delve into this topic, and her blog has explained so too.

• Upvote 2

I had no idea this was going to land it's way into the forums!  A friend showed me the news only today!  <3  My severest apologies to those who lost their loved ones.  And of course to those who were involved in the whole hullabaloo...

23 hours ago, Cam913_ said:

The LGBT were a perfect target for him because something about our way of life seems threatening to him. Fear is the root of all prejudice. Teal has probably four videos that delve into this topic, and her blog has explained so too.

Let's not get Transgenders/Transexuals involved in this conversation.

This was, first and foremost, a religious attack on GAY MALES (Men). Not Lesbians, and definitely not Transexuals/Transgenders. I'm really not sure why the "T" is lumped in with the "LGB" since those are 2 very different demographics facing very different issues. 

I hate it when people try to make a national tragedy a talking-point for whatever Oppressed-Group they belong to. I also don't like the fact that this religious attack will be co-opted by the LGB community as a talking point for years to come, but that can't be avoided.

As a gay male, I am literally offended when people try to mix up Trans people into the Orlando incident. Get your own national-tragedy, Caitlyn. 

• Downvote 1

Several women died in these attacks: lesbian and bisexual women. Among them were Amanda Alvear, Kimberly "KJ" Morris, and Mercedez Marisol Flores. The attacker was inspired to do the shooting when he saw two men kissing, yes, but he harmed far more than just gay males on the night of the shooting. Gay men are not the only victims.

I cannot imagine that transsexuals feel nearly as safe as they did before this incident. And it's clear that the shooter would have done the same to transsexual individuals if he had the opportunity.

This is about humanity. This is about everyone. And this issue will not be mitigated by anger, vengeance, and deeper separation. We are all human. So long as we continue to widen the space between "LGB," transsexual, and straight people, the more inequality we will have. At a time like this, we need to be driven by our compassion, not by our anger.

The shooter's ex-wife who knew her ex-husband was going to shoot up the club and did not try to stop him has now gone missing.http://www.aol.com/article/2016/06/17/the-orlando-shooter-reportedly-gave-his-wife-access-to-his-bank/21397563/

Omar Mateen, 29, added his wife, 30-year-old Noor Salman, to his life-insurance policy and gave her access to his bank accounts, CNN reported on Friday, citing unidentified law-enforcement sources.

She's "no longer here," Omar Mateen's father, Seddique, told reporters outside of his Fort Pierce, Florida, home on Wednesday.

Salman was reportedly living with Mateen's father in Fort Pierce when her husband attacked the nightclub. Public records list her most recent address — presumably where she lived with Mateen after they married in 2013 — as a 15 minute drive from his father's home in Fort Pierce.

Mateen, a US citizen born to Afghan immigrants in New York, killed at least 49 people and wounded 53 others when he opened fire on Pulse, the gay Orlando, Florida, nightclub, at around 2 a.m. on Sunday morning. It was the deadliest shooting in US history.

In the wake of all these mass murders, bombings and stuff, I always question the mainstream government-controlled media versions of what actually happened. Alternative news and media is at least generally more accurate and closer to the truth about things the mainstream media news says, but you still should take it with a grain of salt, put it on a back burner, so to speak or whatever.

Religion may have played a part somehow in all this, but of itself, alone, I don't think it was directly responsible. From other media I've read and seen about this shooting, it seems like there was definitely more to this than just one man going into this club and shooting people just because he was angry and snapped or didn't like gays or whatever...

For other info about this Orlando shooting, one alternative news site with info about this shooting is sott.net. They have a number of articles about this that gives one enough info and reason to question what the nightly news on TV tells us about it. The following link to this article is one example: https://www.sott.net/article/320228-Orlando-nightclub-massacre-eyewitnesses-More-than-one-shooter-snipers-fired-at-police-someone-blocked-exits

1 hour ago, Sephiroth88 said:

In the wake of all these mass murders, bombings and stuff, I always question the mainstream government-controlled media versions of what actually happened. Alternative news and media is at least generally more accurate and closer to the truth about things the mainstream media news says, but you still should take it with a grain of salt, put it on a back burner, so to speak or whatever.

Religion may have played a part somehow in all this, but of itself, alone, I don't think it was directly responsible. From other media I've read and seen about this shooting, it seems like there was definitely more to this than just one man going into this club and shooting people just because he was angry and snapped or didn't like gays or whatever...

For other info about this Orlando shooting, one alternative news site with info about this shooting is sott.net. They have a number of articles about this that gives one enough info and reason to question what the nightly news on TV tells us about it. The following link to this article is one example: https://www.sott.net/article/320228-Orlando-nightclub-massacre-eyewitnesses-More-than-one-shooter-snipers-fired-at-police-someone-blocked-exits

Some part of you is not allowing you to see the simple truth - Islam is inherently anti-GLBT, the shooter was a Muslim and drove 2 hours to a GAY CLUB to kill 50 gay people and almost-kill another 50. 

Islam is anti-GLBT, so if you deny that, I'm not surprised that you deny that religion was not, solely, responsible for this disgusting shooting.

20120204_IRC502.gif

20131214_gdm947_0.png

sheikquickgay%2B%25281%2529.jpg

0_b87a4_55eda75_XL.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Islamic-State-Executes-Gay-Mosul-IP.jpg

muslims-throw-gays-off-building.jpg

(Moderate Muslims pushing Gays off a building) 

file-vi.jpg

gay-executioncapture.jpg

WAKE UP LIBERALS. Stop trying to not-offend people, because while you try to remain Tolerant and Politically-Correct, your "politeness" to Muslims is directly allowing the murder of an entire group of people.

Islam is A HOMOPHOBIC RELIGION and there is no such thing as a Gay Muslim - you can be gay or you can be a Muslim, but you can't be a Gay Muslim (i.e. dead).

Surah 7, al A'raf 80-84: 1. "Verily, you practise your lusts on men instead of women. Nay, but you are a people transgressing beyond bounds (by committing great sins)

Ash shura 165-166 1. "Do you approach males among the worlds.And leave what your Lord has created for you as mates? But you are a people transgressing."

Al naml 27:55 1. "Do you indeed approach men with desire instead of women? Rather, you are a people behaving ignorantly."

There are many more verses within the quran where it clearly states that homosexuality is FORBIDDEN within islam.

Edited by YOD