ToniRaeMoore

Completion Process in Real Life

3 posts in this topic

Completion Process in Real Life

My question is How do I do this and Real Life?  I am very committed to healing myself and my trauma as a daily practice.  However when you go about living and get Triggered do you stop in that moment and close your eyes and fall into the feeling?  I tried this, a cop who was being a total A-Hole (Surprise) was directing traffic at a High School Football Game I was attending with my family.  I got triggered because the School Admin I had bought reserved seating from told me to just show I had reserved seating in order to park in reserve parking, the cop was adamant this was wrong and said I had to have a separate parking sticker.  I recognized being triggered, thankfully my husband was driving and handled the situation much more gracefully than I would have, and I closed my eyes and asked when was the first time I felt this way.  However because My son was excited about going to the game and my husband thought I was being too quiet and still upset about the experience with the cop I could not focus on that first memory to come up.

I am just wondering if anyone else is also experiencing trouble going about living being triggered and then trying to figure out what to do.  My mental self had thought that maybe if I could go back to the first experience or memory and get my Inner Child to My Sacred Space that would be a good place to keep her until I could come back and integrate that aspect that needed my attention.  That was my theory...but didn't work out in reality.  I have heard Teal say that you can do the work later and try to retrigger yourself, which is what you would have to do when you schedule an appointment with a facilitator.  But Teal also make an off the cuff remark about you can do the work later as if anything else is more important than your own healing. I am not quoting her and I understand the context in which she is saying this, but I am just going to look like a crazy person if I try to engage in the CP in the Middle of Walmart while my kid is wrecking the store and having a total meltdown.  I just mean in a practical way how are ya'll handling CP and real life?

On 10/09/2016 at 1:23 AM, ToniRaeMoore said:

my kid is wrecking the store and having a total meltdown

Its high time to introduce CP to your son

On 10.09.2016 at 1:23 AM, ToniRaeMoore said:

but I am just going to look like a crazy person if I try to engage in the CP in the Middle of Walmart while my kid is wrecking the store and having a total meltdown.

The best thing you can do in that moment is to feel whatever feeling arose. No further than that.
Allowing yourself to feel is healing too. It is the first, and the most crucial step of this work. 
And when the time permits, you can go further and do memory work. 

• Upvote 1