GypsySoul

Where to start my spiritual journey

22 posts in this topic

I have only recently began diving into my spirituality and am wanting to raise my consciousness and I feel so overwhelmed with all the information and I don't know if there's a certain thing I should begin with like steps to awakening or not. I've gathered that first I need to know myself deeply but I'm even conflicted on how exactly to get to know myself. Any advice from those more advanced would be so much appreciated .

• Upvote 1

I'll let you into my experience. There is no one way to awakening. We all have different life purposes so we will all have very different life experiences that benefit one's life purpose. If you don't know where to begin then just ask out to the universe to present you with different experiences that will benefit your expansion. After you ask then you just go about your day and don't even think about what will come because what ever comes your way it will more then likely be unexpected. One thing to keep in mind is that no matter how "negative" something might seem or a situation turns out to be, there is always a positive outcome to it so always do your best to keep your head up high. Don't nag if something is not going your way  because more then likely is suppose to happen in your life and is beneficial to someone or something as well. More then likely you will get into some bumpy situations but just know life is only making you tough and that should only be "motivation fuel" to keep you going even harder for what you want in life . You'll know what is beneficial in your life and what is not. 

On the getting to know your self, I actually spent about 3 years without going out much and being social in order to gain knowledge on many aspects of life and many other things. You don't have to do this exactly but I felt like doing this so I just went with the flow. I recommend spending sometime with yourself now and then so you can get to know your feelings and how to distinguish each one and  for intuition as well. A great way that works with me is MUSIC! listen to a verity of music with different types of lyrics, instruments, and listen to music with no lyrics as well. You start to become aware of how a certain feeling feels and how it comes to you. It's a beautiful thing. Going out by yourself helps you discover your surrounding since you get to decide where to go and not relaying on others to pick a certain location so this way you will find places that interest you the most by just going on little random adventures. This all helps me and hope it helps you!

• Upvote 3

Im gonna keep my answer short and sweet. 

Meditate. 

Its what every spiritual path leads to, really. Making a connection with source is the ultimate goal and most agree thats the easiest way. Start with that and go from there. 

• Upvote 5

What helped me was doing some very basic googling, and making a list of all of the cool new 'esoteric' things I could find. Meditation, Energy Work, Lucid Dreaming, Shadow Work (maybe a specific process, or a whole list of processes), Astral Projection, whatever. Cram as much as you can onto the list, and when you're done, step back and choose the one that feels most interesting to you. Your own path to awakening will be following whatever interests you the most, so give yourself a bunch of options, and try out/research the one that calls to you. I'm still working through my list, it's great :)

• Upvote 4

I  agree with @Bjork although meditation itself could be something litle understood and probably with little meaning for somebody who start.

I would sugest contemplation first !  This technique is to think about something by giving your full atention during a certain time. That could be  for a 5 -10 minutes a day to give your full atention to your phisical body for example or a part of your body. Acknoledge your breathing, think about the air that pass through your nose filling your lungs , oxigenating your blood, how amazingly everything is structured in your body, notice the conections the hormony how well everything is working together etc. During this process your mind will wonder and you will find yourself thinking about something  else...once you realize this get your mind back into thinking about your body ( or whatever you chosed to contemplate to) The point is to train your mind to listen to you, to control your mind.  

Meditation is to get to quiet the mind and i strongly sugest for meditation to start using music meditation to help you in the process.  These sites might help  https://www.scientificsounds.com/index.php/sound-store/meditation , http://www.iawaketechnologies.com/  but do your own research. Youtube is full of all kind of music but when it comes to brainwaves quality is something that i want to have. Again let your experience be the judge and be patient 

Peace & Love    GS

• Upvote 1

@GabrielS contemplation is a good idea. I think "the power of now" and "the untethered soul" would be good books to start with that. And guided neditations are great. Honestly, Teal's meditations have been the only ones that make ne go into deep meditation where the meditation is over and i realize i havent had a single thought. Just pure allowing. Just being. 

• Upvote 1

@Bjork Absoloutly that is why i always say Let your own experience be the judge. We are unique beeings , diferents but amazing beeings each one of us.

And yes i should promote more Teal's work not because i have to do so but because i feel to do so. For lots of questions in this forum i could just paste Teal's video accordingly :).  Or maybe one of Ralph'videos ?

Peace & Love  GS

I agree with everyone who has responded above. Start from where you are right now. You had the urge to change within and that is why you considered following the path into the deep. As Teal says in one of her videos spirituality 1, 2 and 3 it is a journey. 

On 6/12/2016 at 4:34 PM, GypsySoul said:

I have only recently began diving into my spirituality and am wanting to raise my consciousness and I feel so overwhelmed with all the information and I don't know if there's a certain thing I should begin with like steps to awakening or not. I've gathered that first I need to know myself deeply but I'm even conflicted on how exactly to get to know myself. Any advice from those more advanced would be so much appreciated .

Hi @GypsySoul! Welcome! I've really loved all the responses you've received from everyone in this topic. I know it's overwhelming, and that's okay. :) I think it's really cool that you reached out on this forum to get some new info, and see what's up. That takes a lot of courage. Everybody's on a different point in their journey, and that's half the fun. When I was awakening, I was neck deep in a job that didn't resonate with me. When I would roost at home, and calmly meditate, I started realizing there was something more I was beginning to tap into. Whatever makes you feel restful, and connected is fine. Don't worry. If it feels right to you, guided meditation with friends can be a relief. 

Whatever makes you feel the most comfortable at first, is totally fine. There's no wrong way to uncover your own path, and there's no rush. Happy you're here. 

• Upvote 1

On 12 June 2016 at 9:34 PM, GypsySoul said:

Easy. Be present with yourself. Ask yourself why you just did that or thought that or felt that. One thing will lead you to another. And you will ask. So what exactly is source? 

Guest amy f

@Display @Stephanie Wintermute @Collide @Teena @GabrielS @Bjork @Crash Test Spiritualist @KatieHarmony @Eric @GypsySoul

Does anyone really have any answer as to what the spiritual journey IS? I think life in and of itself is a journey, and "spirituality" is just another name for different experiences on the same path because someone who is not seeking for source or creator and is not "Awake" as we see it, is still on a "spiritual" journey because of the very fact that they exist and so wether they consciously seek or not, its all leading to the same source I think. What do you guys think?  (:

14 minutes ago, amy faragher said:

@Display @Stephanie Wintermute @Collide @Teena @GabrielS @Bjork @Crash Test Spiritualist @KatieHarmony @Eric @GypsySoul

Does anyone really have any answer as to what the spiritual journey IS? I think life in and of itself is a journey, and "spirituality" is just another name for different experiences on the same path because someone who is not seeking for source or creator and is not "Awake" as we see it, is still on a "spiritual" journey because of the very fact that they exist and so wether they consciously seek or not, its all leading to the same source I think. What do you guys think?  (:

As long as you're in alignment with your higher self/ universe. Life can be not what one intended otherwise

• Upvote 1