Treesarestill

How to make a connection

5 posts in this topic

How to make a connection

So my question isn't necessarily about me wanting to know how to make a connectioN. But how do I make a connection with someone without being desperate?

Also, I'm feeling very rejected. For the first time in a long time I was vulnerable and I asked a random lady a question... But after she answered my question she rolled her eyes. I can't help but to get affected. Does someone hs some inspiring stories to share to help me see why being vulnerable is worth it?

Edited by Treesarestill
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Treesarestill said:

How to make a connection

So my question isn't necessarily about me wanting to know how to make a connectioN. But how do I make a connection with someone without being desperate?

Also, I'm feeling very rejected. For the first time in a long time I was vulnerable and I asked a random lady a question... But after she answered my question she rolled her eyes. I can't help but to get affected. Does someone hs some inspiring stories to share to help me see why being vulnerable is worth it?

Definitely avoid desperation at all costs. It will mess everything up. You sound like you know this already, but remember it.

For me one thing I tried which did work was a situation where I could clearly tell someone didn't like me but we had to be around eachother and talk a fair bit, and he was also doing me a huge service. So I got upset that he didn't like me, of course. Then when I tried to think of a solution, I took the emotional route instead of a "what do I say" route.

Basically the way it goes is you pretend you're already friendly, if not friends. You don't need to act on it, just feel it.

I'm soo confused. Because I was watching one of Teal's workshops, and she said to find any way to make a connection with someone, unless I got the wrong message.

A back-story

I'm afraid to make a connection with people, because my ego thinks that connection = death

35 minutes ago, walt said:

Relationships take time and practice. Wearing vulnerability on your sleeve is probably not the best practice.

I thought vulnerability was a good thing?

How do you view vulnerability ? Do you see it as a weakness?

1 hour ago, Treesarestill said:

what is it that makes it desperate?

1 hour ago, Treesarestill said:

Does someone hs some inspiring stories to share to help me see why being vulnerable is worth it?

the people who are vulnerable are the most attractive, its not a physical thing but on a energy level its like whoa! that's how I see it anyways. don't be vulnerable with everyone, some people will use that as a weapon when they're mad at you, but find someone to trust with that vulnerability and not use that weapon against you. i think everyone wants connection and being able to be vulnerable and not be rejected is a good feeling, it opens your heart when you're vulnerable.

I think you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find a prince or princess... Some times it is not fun to try to talk to some people cuz they themselve have been hurt and now they are closed off to others, but once in a while you find that friendly face you have been looking for and it makes it all worth it ?.