Jerry Tyfting

What is openness?

15 posts in this topic

Yea so as far as I understand it there are: Mental, emotional, physical and spiritual openness.

Mental openness:  believes that allows for flexibility and change
Emotional openness: felt very deeply with an emotional allowing which feels good to be near
physical openness: the physicality feels very freeing/satisfactory to let others touch you
Spiritual openness: you know you are open. You can receive other dimensional information and can also receive information about others

Well this is just how I see it. For me I got a mix of opennessess in all areas with the physical being the least practiced.
The spiritual openness is the most freaky to me because you just know things sometimes and receive info throughout the day that you may or may not be able to translate into anything understandable.
Oh by the way if you are open in any of these areas you can spot blocks or "heaviness" almost instantly in that area. That open thing is like a white paper and anything other than that is gonna leave a mark in your senses. It simply can be perceived. Those who leaves that mark might not be aware of this and their block so mentioning it to them can be received with defense or flat out blame or an avoidance.
I kind of answered the question but I like to know how you guys perceive things.

• Upvote 4

At the risk of drawing near to a cliché..

The self is the antithesis of openness. Insofar as we have individuality, this is a result of our being closed off from infinity in certain ways.

Thinking about it mechanically..

• Upvote 1

what @Akurabis said.

in a way openness is the resolve to agree to let go of your current self to make way for the next one. whatever that might be, whatever that might bring. without the tendency to control the flow of changing.

• Upvote 1

I enjoyed reading your thoughts on the matter, Jerry!
Personally, I'm having a hard time compressing the definition of openness. Akurabis expressed it well.
For one to be completely open, one must dissolve and thus merge with all that is.

• Upvote 1

Hello, Jerry!

I think i can describe openness as our ability to feel the penetration of incoming energy on an inside. And the blockage accures when we feel unable to respond to that.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Garnet said:

And the blockage accures when we feel unable to respond to that.

Hi there Garnet :) 
I feel curious if you felt like elaborating on this? I think I get it but respond in what way?

17 minutes ago, Ana said:

I don't enjoy sharing many details of my personal life

Hi Ana :) 
hope its ok to ask but,
I just felt very curious and confused about this sentence. As I have seen that you write a lot at times and that you wrote you like doing it correct me if I'm wrong?

10 minutes ago, Ana said:

Like a flower, I open and close :) Did I answer your question?

Thank you.
It was a good answer though to my unsatisfaction it is something I want to understand more deeply xD 

I have met women online that to me have seemed very similar like this. I wonder if it is a general feminine trait. I have noticed this when groups of women talk too...it can disorient my brain. Like what is this? :P 

4 hours ago, Jerry Tyfting said:
5 hours ago, Garnet said:

And the blockage accures when we feel unable to respond to that.

Hi there Garnet :) 
I feel curious if you felt like elaborating on this? I think I get it but respond in what way?

lol, Jerry

Of course, at least in a similar way!!! ))) It's like being under the Sun. If you let it's energy in - it transforms you. You become a part of it and you radiate the sunlight in return :)

I believe this is a part of oneness as well.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Amit said:

Ana, you are going against nature

Which flower closes after opening???

Venus Fly trap!!!!!!

Hehe

I have been so open about everything and used to share life situations, and experiences that I have been through especially with close friends. Even with strangers I didn't mind sharing certain things but I have definitely learnt a lesson for life. I never had a private life before but now I do. Because of my openness I was stabbed in the back, criticized, condemned, rejected and used. It says in the Bible ' don't throw your pearls to swines' and I learnt the true meaning of this although it was a very rough process.  Now I'm becoming more an introvert.  I trusted people I shouldn't have trusted so it was my fault and I live and learn. I think openness is influenced by trust.

Now that I am not open to people I have noticed that  I struggle to express my self and emotions. Teals videos have been an immense help for the last three years and I appreciate the fact that I can talk to like minded people here too. 

9 hours ago, Garnet said:

If you let it's energy in - it transforms you. You become a part of it and you radiate the sunlight in return :)

Ah thanks. Yes I agree.
Hmm I wonder if it is the same with closed-ness too. Like if you let in closed energies, it transforms you to become part of it and you radiate being closed.

It does fit, I mean all babies are born without the idea of closed. It is a learned behavior they let in because of their openness. 

• Upvote 1

@Amit It is not so much about the achievement but finding it safer or secure though ......it is not easy to open up as you say it is a process I guess. No wonder some people are cold hearted I don't blame them now :)