Christinej

Experiences with Ayahuasca?

7 posts in this topic

Hello, anyone has done intense work with Ayahuasca? I did with a church called Santo Daime for 25 works, and ended up in a total state of terror and neuropathic pain as well as uncontrollable twitching of muscles, the block beginning where the cerebellum joins the neck. I have stopped 2 years ago and still suffer tremendously from symptoms of PTSD (constant feelings of fears), depression and the body pains. Prior to Ayahuasca I did 5 years of deep spiritual processes with an Indian master.  All those processes were about completing internal traumas, meaning experiencing stuck emotions in the subconscious in order to release them. It appears that I got stuck somewhere in this journey of my subconscious and even if I stopped all spiritual work, I am still in suffering. Anyone has had experiences with that? Thank you

Edited by Christinej

I did 10-12 works with the Santo Daime church about 10 years ago.  I stopped going because I would often experience profound physical pain while in the ceremonies.  I don't think this was at all universal, but I do think that it was connected to my empathic nature and my boundary issues.  (Check out Teal's interview on Youtube.)   

I also know that part of the doctrine there is to make the space available for entities to come to reintegrate with the light.  I would guess that you may have experienced some combination of empathic resonance with other people's issues and possible entity issues also.  You can address that internally by working on your own self-love and acceptance through the Completion work for example.  I found though that having someone assist me with an entity issue I believe I was dealing with did help everything speed up.  That also involved love and acceptance by the way.  I  prepped for that by using two flower essences FlorAlive's Madame Fate and Desert Alchemy's Deposession formula.

Edited by Aharon
precision

I've had 14 journeys on Ayahuasca at two different Native American churches here in Kentucky. As far as aya helping me with trauma, I believe it did help me to a noticable extent; I still have some stuff to work on, I am sure, which is why I'm interested in doing the Completion Process. I see it as just one tool and one thing among other things that a person can do to help bring about healing, integration, enlightenment , expanded consciousness, etc. It is NOT meant to take the place of each person doing sincere, personal inner work, shadow work, self work or other natural or holistic healing modalities or therapies. It's more like a door opener.

Ayahuasca is best used in conjunction with and to augment other natural, holistic healing modalities and is definitely not a magic pill for what troubles us emotionally, mentally, physically, etc. But it can help to an extent. There are things we have to do and we each have to accept responsibility (ability to respond ^^ : )for our lives and the choices we make. Also, pharmaceutical drugs, or shit like meth, ecstacy, other illegal street drugs and ayahuasca don't make for a good combination. So do yourself and others a favor and don't go there.

Obviously, some people do benefit more from some journeys with ayahuasca than others. And it's not for everybody. It can rock your world. . .

Being honest with yourself as to WHY you are drinking ayahuasca is important, too. What are your intentions? The natives in the Amazon jungle drank ayahuasca as a plant medicine, which it is. They considered it sacred, and I can see why. It's powerful stuff and best approached with respect. Setting your intentions before drinking and keeping them geared towards healing, shadow work/inner work and expanding consciousness will help make your experiences/journeys more positive and productive.

Read up on ayahuasca and do your research on it before drinking for the first time. I'm glad I did. However, while reading about it, getting informed and having an intellectual heads-up about it definitely does help some, the actual experience is a different ball game. . .

When it comes to doing ayahuasca, your setting and environment are important. You need to feel safe, not under pressure or feeling like you have unnecessary or unreasonable expectations to live up to. It's best to have people there at the ceremony who facilitate who are supportive of you regardless of what your experience/journey is like. Having a close friend or family member there can help also if they are allowed.

I've read about the Santo Daime church. I've never been there, but from what little I've read about it, they seem to be a bit too organized, structured and perhaps controlling for my tastes.

Anyway, just thought I'd share some of my thoughts and reflections from my experiences with it ^^ 

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 3:36 PM, Christinej said:

Hello, anyone has done intense work with Ayahuasca? I did with a church called Santo Daime for 25 works, and ended up in a total state of terror and neuropathic pain as well as uncontrollable twitching of muscles. I have stopped 1 1/2 years ago and still suffer tremendously from symptoms of PTSD (constant feelings of fears), depression and the body pains. Prior to Ayahuasca I did 5 years of deep spiritual processes with an Indian master.  All those processes were about completing internal traumas, meaning experiencing stuck emotions in the subconscious in order to release them. It appears that I got stuck somewhere in this journey of my subconscious and even if I stopped all spiritual work, I am still in suffering. Anyone has had experiences with that? Thank you

I've had 14 journeys on Ayahuasca at two different Native American churches here in Kentucky. As far as aya helping me with trauma, I believe it did help me to a noticable extent; I still have some stuff to work on, I am sure, which is why I'm interested in doing the Completion Process. I see it as just one tool and one thing among other things that a person can do to help bring about healing, integration, enlightenment , expanded consciousness, etc. It is NOT meant to take the place of each person doing sincere, personal inner work, shadow work, self work or other natural or holistic healing modalities or therapies. It's more like a door opener.

Ayahuasca is best used in conjunction with and to augment other natural, holistic healing modalities and is definitely not a magic pill for what troubles us emotionally, mentally, physically, etc. But it can help to an extent. There are things we have to do and we each have to accept responsibility (ability to respond ^^ : )for our lives and the choices we make. Also, pharmaceutical drugs, or shit like meth, ecstacy, other illegal street drugs and ayahuasca don't make for a good combination. So do yourself and others a favor and don't go there.

Obviously, some people do benefit more from some journeys with ayahuasca than others. And it's not for everybody. It can rock your world. . .

Being honest with yourself as to WHY you are drinking ayahuasca is important, too. What are your intentions? The natives in the Amazon jungle drank ayahuasca as a plant medicine, which it is. They considered it sacred, and I can see why. It's powerful stuff and best approached with respect. Setting your intentions before drinking and keeping them geared towards healing, shadow work/inner work and expanding consciousness will help make your experiences/journeys more positive and productive.

Read up on ayahuasca and do your research on it before drinking for the first time. I'm glad I did. However, while reading about it, getting informed and having an intellectual heads-up about it definitely does help some, the actual experience is a different ball game. . .

When it comes to doing ayahuasca, your setting and environment are important. You need to feel safe, not under pressure or feeling like you have unnecessary or unreasonable expectations to live up to. It's best to have people there at the ceremony who facilitate who are supportive of you regardless of what your experience/journey is like. Having a close friend or family member there can help also if they are allowed.

I've read about the Santo Daime church. I've never been there, but from what little I've read about it, they seem to be a bit too organized, structured and perhaps controlling for my tastes.

Anyway, just thought I'd share some of my thoughts and reflections from my experiences with it ^^ 

On 9/27/2016 at 8:43 AM, Sephiroth88 said:

Thank you Sephirott88 for sharing your experience with it. I did that work with Santo Daime Church 25 times and stopped in January 2015.  So it is a long time I do not do any practices and for the experiences that came as a result.  This has started a profound journey for me, which had started before, but I believe, now 2 years later and done immense work on myself to come out of that fear, that what it did is open a deep hidden trauma in my subconscious and there was no other way for me to face it.  I have done a lot of emotional work on self love that otherwise I never would have been led to do otherwise.  Also coming with that, I got fragmented, left the body, and I am clear now that it raised my kundalini so radically that kundalini got stuck somehow in my head, giving me spasms in the back of the head where the cerebellum is, and therefore causing that nerve pain all over my body.  VERY PAINFUL EXPERIENCE. I must say that I wasn't looking to raise kundalini, but my 5 years of spiritual practices with indian master were all about uniting with my inner divine and I was in a constant state of kundalini being awake, then with ayahuasca, it just did the whole thing.  I guess I experienced what they call the "kundalini syndrome" and sadly nobody in the community accompanied me through anything when I left the santo daime church, therefore isolation and severe terror.  Anyway, now I know it was an overactivation of the kundalini and I would be doubtful of those practices if someone isn't doing it gently with kind support around.  

On 9/4/2016 at 10:26 PM, Aharon said:

On 9/4/2016 at 10:26 PM, Aharon said:

I did 10-12 works with the Santo Daime church about 10 years ago.  I stopped going because I would often experience profound physical pain while in the ceremonies.  I don't think this was at all universal, but I do think that it was connected to my empathic nature and my boundary issues.  (Check out Teal's interview on Youtube.)   

I also know that part of the doctrine there is to make the space available for entities to come to reintegrate with the light.  I would guess that you may have experienced some combination of empathic resonance with other people's issues and possible entity issues also.  You can address that internally by working on your own self-love and acceptance through the Completion work for example.  I found though that having someone assist me with an entity issue I believe I was dealing with did help everything speed up.  That also involved love and acceptance by the way.  I  prepped for that by using two flower essences FlorAlive's Madame Fate and Desert Alchemy's Deposession formula.

Hello Aharon, thank you for your insights.  Yes to all that you have said.  All true.  I did 25 works with them, but stopped 2 years ago, suffered living hell on earth.  I don't have entities now for sure.  I did lots of self love and lots of healing and removing any guides or angels or anything not belonging to me.  State of non duality.  Apparently my chakras and aura are gone, all broke through, implosion, the light is moving through all over.  But coming with that is a huge fear, whole reality changed.  I now understand what happened better: quick awakening, violent I would say, my soul asked for it (i keep asking each day and this is the reply I get), kundalini got stuck in the brain, all childhood traumas coming up in one shot.  Well, I feel I died and now must rebuild myself and my self identity, after total destruction of the ego structure.  Anyway, I saw Teal Swan recently at a synchronisation workshop, and she said all that happened was perfectly fine on my journey, her presence helped me reconnect fragmented parts that were waiting to reconnect for years.  I believe what is happening now is that the higher self that got its awakening is now connecting to the lower self (my human embodied life). I just didn't want to live on earth anymore at all after all I have seen in human beings energies and all the hurts I experienced, and I told that to Teal.   Now I feel more embodied, thanks to Teal!

Edited by Christinej