cmbjr33

What is the truth about God???

21 posts in this topic

My question revolves around the one we call God. I was heavily involved in the Christian Church for a long time, but left that behind in anger. I was introduced to these concepts (too much to write here ) and have had all of these experiences, but am tormented daily, pulled back and forth from my old beliefs about God and the new ones. I don't seem to be able to know my truth and I feel like I'm in hell anyway. What really is he truth about who and what God is, and who and what I am? HELP! I feel like I'm going insane.

i also can't get the law of attraction to work for me and I feel so angry about it. I've been struggling with all of this for about 6 years.

I can relate to the struggle of being torn between multiple paradigms. That torment is a necessary step for outgrowing what isn't useful to you anymore. Unfortunately nobody is going to tell you who or what god is because, well, it's something thats probably ineffable... at least at our level, but maybe at all other levels, too. It's certainly above my pay-grade.

"Ye shall know them by their fruits"

Beliefs, perspectives and paradigms should serve you. I don't buy into anyone who says they have no beliefs. Either what you 'believe' is helping you to have peace, clarity, and growth, or it is causing you to suffer. Drop what isn't helping you. If necessary you may need to drop it all and linger in no-mans-land for a while. Good opportunity to practice grace in uncertainty. Set your intention for wanting to know peace and truce and eventually it'll become clearer. 

Also don't listen to generally unhappy people and those who can't seem to have basic kindness and respect for those around them. They're probably full of !!!!!. 

Can't let in something better if you don't want to let go of what has spoiled. 

• Upvote 4

Allow me to drop a word which we may or may not have seen before:

Panentheism.

God is within us and without us, everywhere and nowhere. We can try to define God by listing positive attributes, but such definitions will always fall short of the mark. How could something infinite, without limitation - accept a definition (which is essentially a set of limitations)? We can also try to define God by what It is not, which may get us closer. A Hindu allegory tells us that in order to pinpoint exactly what is God, one must go through every form in the entire universe, to each stating: "not that.. not that..."

If God is limitless, then it is transcendent throughout the entire universe. Everything is God. Nothing is God.

I will close this topic by paraphrasing Parmenides' Poem 'On Nature' (The way of Truth): "Is and not not-is, for it is the same thing, "to be thought-of" and "to be".

We cannot conceive of nothing. Our conception of nothing is a conception of nothing.

• Upvote 1

You think too much. What you seek is felt with heart not found with mind. Relax and let answers come from a serene place.

• Upvote 3

I'm more concerned about which way is the right way to God because this world seems to excel in creating what is not.

I want to establish my own firm connection with God. I don't want to be part of any community because my past experience shows me that religion in communities is more about the distractions that the collective decide to adopt in the name of God than anything else. Ego-driven motivations that know no boundaries because individuals consider their own religious title as the superior over all.

Ironically, as much as I do want that connection with God, I experience phases where I am angry at God for the let-downs and betrayals that I have had to experience. It's not easy walking alone but I have to find the real God. 

• Upvote 1

Everything in the universe is an expression of the same source energy. "Source" can also be called "God," or "Infinite Intelligence." You are a manifestation of source energy, and so is everyone around you. We are all "God." This is called oneness. Everybody, every thought, and every challenge in your life is an expression of Source.

Many people struggle with the law of attraction because they don't realize that negative circumstances are actually good for them. Your higher self has chosen specific negative obstacles to help you expand and overcome them. You must learn to embrace these obstacles, without punishing yourself for manifesting them.

My advice to you is to meditate, watch a lot of Teal, and worry less about finding your truth; it will come to you.

• Upvote 1

Hey, I've been there and I know what you are going through. It is ok to  feel that way because I went through alot so I was in a way forced to question about truth and faith. I found writing down all the questions that comes to my mind about God and truth is helpful because when I'm engaged in other activities I found answers to the questions that I was looking for. It might not come on the same day but it will surely come. Don't force the answers just let them come. I also find it useful to practice mindfulness meditation slowly but steadily it teaches you lot of things. 

I am supposed to be a Catholic but I consider my self a follower of !!!!!. It doesn't matter which religion you belong to because at the end of the day it is only a set of rules. I can only advice you to follow your heart as Jan_A has replied above try and concentrate on what your heart tries to show you not the mind. 

• Upvote 1

What is God? well what ever it is it is definitely not a certain person because a lot of religions personify GOD as a certain someone in control of everything there is. God is Everything, I like to use the analogy that Teal said. Imagine that GOD is a Vase now imagine the Vase breaking into an infinite amount of pieces...the pieces is everything that exist in the universe and the universe itself. That being said you are GOD. Now most people won't believe this because you have not been taught this and when you know you are GOD and you are a creator of your own reality then you start to empower yourself to do many things that you actually love to do no matter how "bad" it might seem to other people. That's why I say respect the decisions of others no matter what it is because that is what they decided in their personal journey and it is a very different one then anyone else's.

On June 12, 2016 at 11:22 AM, cmbjr33 said:

i also can't get the law of attraction to work for me and I feel so angry about it. I've been struggling with all of this for about 6 years.

Ask for guidance (this is for everything you might need help with). Just ask that you want to know the truth about the world (this is what I did) then just wait and don't even bother thinking about it to much and eventually when you least expect it you will get the knowledge delivered to you. One very important thing to remember when doing this is to be Patient  . Most people think it happens quick but it is not like that. Everything takes it's own time so be patient because certain situations are going to come into your life at the right time and most are always when you least expect it.

• Upvote 1

Imagine a great wheel, with infinite spokes, each ending at a point on the periphery. There are infinite ways to God, and only one direction.

• Upvote 2

One of the most liberating changes in your beliefs may come if you consider a possibility that you are an extension of GOD and there is no hell

• Upvote 1

God is a concept by which we measure our pain. - John Lennon
Tao.
God is a guide.
Pi & phi are evidence of a greater mind at work than humans.
God does not exist. God is not here. If God wanted a precise exact presence here there would be one. 
The Creator, the Source is, by definition, greater than and separate from the creation.
Yes, all things are one thing and that whole "Is" the Is, ISIS Goddess or whatever name.
Elohim means Gods and Goddesses.
If you are looking for God the Creator in this world look in the connections between us. Action. Verb. Motion. Love.
The universe is God !!!!!.
Everything we do other than love one another is vanity and vexation.
God is a kid with an ant farm; there is no plan.
Creation fractals from source. As above, so below; as within so without, as the universe so the soul.

On 12/06/2016 at 0:22 PM, cmbjr33 said:

My question revolves around the one we call God

There is no one we call God. There is something I call god, something you call god, something someone else calls god. and personifying god and giving it the attributes of a being takes one farther from the truth, rather than helping.

What I mean by that is yes, there is an absolute reality, god, truth, everythingness, nothingness, whatever, but each person has their own idea of what that is. even when one knows it, they can't define it even to themselves. they can only tell themselves a story/metaphor of what that is. that's why god can't be taught or given to someone else. only an idea of god can be shared, and is just a pointer, not the truth.

if one really wants to know god, they first have to get comfortable with the unknowable, with the perpetual mystery. god is really ungraspable and ineffable, so one's mind can't ever get to know god , only god can find itself in one, in the space between thoughts.

• Upvote 2

They say you'll find it within yourself. I've seen what they call "the vortex" or "source" visually while falling asleep. It wasn't a dream, but actually felt more real than this reality feels to me. There was a duality between me and source, but it was a very strong beckoning and a drawing closer. I could feel the essence of all my desires drawing toward me in pure bliss. It was like a bright light shining but my eyes were closed. When "Adam" (my ego) became aware of it, ah man I could feel myself slipping back and coming back to this reality as I became reminded of this reality and my identity, and it was kind-of a bummer! If I could walk around like that all the time, as a full perceiver of source, I would, but I'm not sure that's possible. 

12 minutes ago, Amit said:

Weed my friend...weed. it will make it possible. 

Not at all true. I upvoted this anyway because it's funny.

Edited by Adam

12 hours ago, Amit said:

Whats wrong Lleo? 

Did god do something wrong with you? Teal says life is a learning hologram...how about ur hologram? Sad clown ?

If God is all things, God is a child's innocense, and the pack of cyborg mutant crackhead ninjas that rape that child's pink asshole. And don't even manage to bust a nut. The sooner you accept this the better off you will be.