Garnet

What is the cheesiest pick up line that you have used or heard? And did it work?

16 posts in this topic

So tonight on my way home from the beach with my husband and son, I had to stop at the grocery store. At the check out the cashier  (a guy) asked me "Are you going to the club? Can i meet you there?" 

I picked up my two grocery bags, one in each hand,  and said "Sure. I'm going to the club with my husband to fix him dinner there!" :D

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Damon is Awesome said:

Hahah are u going to the club? Hahha someone needs to teach that guy better pick up lines

So true!

I wish for people to be more observant, especially when they try things like that. I always use my left hand as much as possible (when give them a card, money, take receipt), so my wedding ring can be seen!

I also taught my brother to always offer his left hand to a lady, so he can check her hand too. I know it's not always an indication but it helps :)

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, Garnet said:

So true!

I wish for people to be more observant, especially when they try things like that. I always use my left hand as much as possible (when give them a card, money, take receipt), so my wedding ring can be seen!

I also taught my brother to always offer his left hand to a lady, so he can check her hand too. I know it's not always an indication but it helps :)

That's very good haha. 

• Upvote 1

People , why are you not sharing your stories here????

Here is another one. Also at the cash register. Lol. Not the cheesiest and it actually can work if the conversation goes well. It has happened to me several times now. The trick is for the cashier to "mess up" with the register and while he is "fixing " the problem start a conversation about... idk... weather or something and "check each other out" :thumbs-up-yahoo-emoticon:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Micah said:

Your root chakra looks like it could use a massage. 

The similar line was used on me about a year ago. It made me feel disgusted, disrespected, violated and gave me a feeling of being raped by words.

I think the reason some men use lines like this is because it had worked in the past. And because they do not know how to approach a woman in a different way.

I have to admit that girls sometimes can kill the good approach. It is fear. Fear to recognize and respond in a positive way that doesn't conflict with their current situation or relationship.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the best approaches i have ever experienced was with a man who simply took my left hand, kissed it, then looked into my eyes and said: " You are the most beautiful creature I've had the honor  to meet. My name is David. I would love to take you out to dinner  if you don't have a boyfriend."

P.S. it was also in French and i married him :)

What he has said to me was from his heart, with compassion and respect.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Garnet said:

The similar line was used on me about a year ago. It made me feel disgusted, disrespected, violated and gave me a feeling of being raped by words.

I think the reason some men use lines like this is because it had worked in the past. And because they do not know how to approach a woman in a different way.

I have to admit that girls sometimes can kill the good approach. It is fear. Fear to recognize and respond in a positive way that doesn't conflict with their current situation or relationship.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the best approaches i have ever experienced was with a man who simply took my left hand, kissed it, then looked into my eyes and said: " You are the most beautiful creature I've had the honor  to meet. My name is David. I would love to take you out to dinner  if you don't have a boyfriend."

P.S. it was also in French and i married him :)

What he has said to me was from his heart, with compassion and respect.

that's nice. did you manifest that or was that a part of the plan before you were born you think? that's sounds amazing I'm not going to lie.

3 hours ago, Alex7 said:

that's nice. did you manifest that or was that a part of the plan before you were born you think? that's sounds amazing I'm not going to lie.

Thank you, Alex :)

We met 12 years ago and at that time i didn't have the knowledge i have today. Tbh, no. I was not focused on manifesting/searching  for a relationship at that time. He was :). I was in US for first time and had to deal with that.

But i do remember my mom sent me an email where there was this heart practice described. And it touched me. So, i started visualizing a light coming from my heart, surrounding myself and  the house i was in, along with my friend and my work place. Also i was visualizing gratitude in my mind for everything that happened throughout the day.

I was doing this every single night and it made me feel very safe and protected. So, i believe my relationship is the outcome of this energy and he has been my rock wall ever since.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Micah said:

@Garnet I'm confused, it was only humor please don't be mad at me.

Your comment was at perfect timing! Don't be confused. I guess LoA came into play since  I didn't take the opportunity to express how it made me feel. So, thank you. I just cleared that negativity.

• Upvote 1