jessicaraelyn1111

Craving connection

17 posts in this topic

I undestand the feeling the worst is when you feel that way and your sorrunded by your spouse and can't seem to feel connected it happens 

• Upvote 3

I feel the same quite often, BUT you may have had many friends and things right under your nose this whole time!  just look an eighth of an inch more to the left!  =3  I'll be your friend for sure!  PM me if you'd like to add me on skype. Soon, i will be able to be available practically 24/7, and even now, i'm still able to be responsive within the hours of the day.  =D

• Upvote 1

I think a lot of us feel alone and we are all reaching out for a more profound connection than the ones that surround us.

I think I speak for the majority of people in this forum when I say we are all here for you. 

• Upvote 2

On 08/28/2016 at 8:49 PM, jessicaraelyn1111 said:

i have felt so painfully alone this past week. I am craving spiritual, emotional, and sexual connection and I haven't been able to meet this desire. Is there anyone willing to connect with me?? 

I have been right there with you. I will send a pm and we can talk.

• Upvote 1

On August 31, 2016 at 0:12 AM, Cynthia stenstrom said:

I absolutely relate. I feel exactly the same way. I'm so glad I found this group I hope we can all connect. And where are you located?

I'm glad to have some responders! Do you know how much worse I would've felt if nobody responded to my post about connection?? Oh the irony would be too much!

And I live in North Carolina. What about you?? 

• Upvote 4

I'm lucky I found this forum. I'm scared of posting stuff about connection because I have this negative belief that it's not okay to desire all forms of connection and, I totally get what you mean when you talk about how bad it would feel if no one replied.

• Upvote 3

On 2016-09-02 at 0:22 AM, Sunshine997 said:

I'm scared of posting stuff about connection because I have this negative belief that it's not okay to desire all forms of connection

2 hours ago, Amit said:

Its really sad that we have to seek connections online

@Amit I understand your resistance to this and is true. Though you are overlooking the blessing, Teal Swan connects to people in the same way and maybe it's more of a cultural difference that you don't agree with.

@Just Being cultural difference is okay for me but physical presence is very difficult and its imp for real connection as i think. Dont have resustance as such. You see...i dont have a single person in my area from teal tribe. So, i seek connection online and it takes much of my efforts to explain in writing. Instead, we could easily connect in physical presence. Over the period i have realized it, without eye contact and physical touch its hard and time consuming to connect

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Amit said:

@Just Being cultural difference is okay for me but physical presence is very difficult and its imp for real connection as i think. Dont have resustance as such. You see...i dont have a single person in my area from teal tribe. So, i seek connection online and it takes much of my efforts to explain in writing. Instead, we could easily connect in physical presence. Over the period i have realized it, without eye contact and physical touch its hard and time consuming to connect

You are right though online connection can lead to physical, distance is nothing to the universe. There's a step you missed before interjecting and downplaying these peoples attempt at connection. You are not acknowledging or validating how they feel before you gave them your opinion.

I have much to say on this topic as it stands now.  The internet is a miraculous thing and is it's own world and it's been the tool that has empowered people, has kept people connected, it has allowed people to reach out.  it's been used to keep certain information more controlled.  People have gotten really close over the net even though sometimes have never met in person or even on video calls and the like... The net has saved my life from spiraling into complete psychosis and perhaps getting me into a ward or never leaving my parents home.  perhaps Running away, getting myself into major trouble because i STILL have major social inadequacies and mental "dysfunctions" that would  have otherwise gotten me into more trouble and become even more misunderstood and mistreated for eternity.  the internet has helped me find like-midned people throughout my entire life, even all the way back to when i was like 12

All what the internet offered me was absolute freedom of expression in ways that physical reality hasn't been too kind to me with.  Those are my two cents for now..  I will add thoguh that i've made CLOSE friends with people online that i will hopefully oneday very soon get to actually meet.  And this is a very good thing since it helps form strong mental and emotional bonds BEFORE people get into anything...  You know a little more, going into a friendship, the quality it possesses.

• Upvote 2