angel sage

A question about fear and stability

4 posts in this topic

Okay so I was thinking about how I need to use my pain to create what I actually truly want, and when I saw it was stability I wanted I realized that's all I ever wanted, but its also something I fear, like it can be entrapping? I can feel a strong resistance for what I'm starting to think would end a lot of my cycles so I was hoping some of you may help out and give me some ideas or discussion on this, and stability and resistance in general. Thank youuuu <3

• Upvote 1

Hi,

i guess a lot of people have a similar issue, of wanting safety, but also wanting freedom. it is not a contradiction though, safety is a basic need for human beings, to feel safe and stable first enables us to relax and then go into exploration, leading to freedom. when there is stability, when you create stability for yourself and have lived that, you can then choose change and it wont be that intimidating anymore, because then you will have showed yourself that you can create safety in times when that is a need of yours that needs priority.

does this clarify something?

ps: sometimes it can be helpful to know, that being consistent and STABLE in fulfilling your own need for change and freedom is also a form of safety ;)

• Upvote 1

What is your idea of stability? (Is it financial stability, spiritual balance, or safety?) How might it entrap you? If you're in control of your own stability, then why would you fear becoming powerless or unfree? These are good questions to ask yourself before proceeding to take action.

• Upvote 1

resistance accompanies our desires. past experiences of failed attempts add up. if you recognize that fear, then next step is your conscious choice one way or the other