GabijaCij

Split up?

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys - a bit of a technical question, but I want to hear your opinions.

Should we split up New York, New Jersey and Connecticut into three forum sections? What would you guys like?

(The reason we put these states together in the first place was because there was a Facebook community joining all thee together)

• Upvote 2

Hi @GabijaCij , First I must say thanks for all the work you do here!  I know it's OT here, but wonder if you can create the Japan section? I'm not sure if it's necessary, because Japanese have low English proficiency and Teal is relatively unknown in Japan. How do you think?

Just now, Mw* said:

Hi @GabijaCij , First I must say thanks for all the work you do here!  I know it's OT here, but wonder if you can create the Japan section? I'm not sure if it's necessary, because Japanese have low English proficiency and Teal is relatively unknown in Japan. How do you think?

Hi! Thanks :love-struck-yahoo-emoticon:

It's all possible as long as we have a volunteer to start the conversion and bring more Japanese to the website :)

You can apply here if you want: https://tealswan.com/forms/4-start-a-community

• Upvote 1

@GabijaCij, Thanks for the quick reply. 

I'm more than happy to start the conversion, but is this OK to participate in other language than English here?

I'm not sure if I can bring some Japanese people here, but I'm translating Teal's background information into Japanese now.

51 minutes ago, Mw* said:

@GabijaCij, Thanks for the quick reply. 

I'm more than happy to start the conversion, but is this OK to participate in other language than English here?

I'm not sure if I can bring some Japanese people here, but I'm translating Teal's background information into Japanese now.

Any language is fine :) 

• Upvote 1

I would be in favor of splitting up to have a separate one for New Jersey.  Here's why.  I just saw that a member is looking to organize a meetup in NYC.  That is super far from me and getting into NYC from NJ involves pretty expensive tolls etc.  If we have a NJ group it would be a bit easier to have a meetup.

On 5/1/2017 at 6:22 PM, HappyCow said:

I would be in favor of splitting up to have a separate one for New Jersey.  Here's why.  I just saw that a member is looking to organize a meetup in NYC.  That is super far from me and getting into NYC from NJ involves pretty expensive tolls etc.  If we have a NJ group it would be a bit easier to have a meetup.

I'm in Ithaca, NY. 

New Jersey is a five-hour drive (or more) for me. So I can relate to those reasons. But I'm not sure if there are other folks in New York State who are as actively following Teal as I am. I've introduced many, many people to her videos, but these people are just dipping their toes in the water for the most part.

But then again, California is one state and it takes something like ten hours to drive from San Diego up to Mount Shasta.

Hi, 

I live in New York and I agree with your proposition.  It sounds better to have NY, NJ, and Connecticut split up as having a meetup with all 3 states can prove to be difficult.  Also, is anyone interested in NYC to have a group that can meet more frequently like once every two weeks or so.  It would be great to have a group where we can discuss and share our experiences with Teal's messages.  I especially enjoy Teal's teachings about inner child work/shadow work/authenticity.