YOD

Law of Attraction is BS

11 posts in this topic

I believe in spirituality playing a dominant role in our lives, but I don't think it happens through LOA, I know that's going to offend some of you since I'm not blindly agreeing to Law of Attraction and accept the possibility that LoA might be incorrect.

I often have nightmares of me getting murdered or gang-raped. I often fantasize in my waking state about these things as well. Therefore I should be manifesting these things in my daily life. I have never been murdered or gang-raped yet and I actually place myself in situations in which those things could potentially happen (hanging out with criminals, but it's yet to coalesce.) I'm not trying to "tempt" these things into existence, but I genuinely spend a large portion of my time thinking about them happening to myself and/or other people. 

Thank Source that LoA is BS because if it wasn't, I'd manifest these horrific, dangerous experiences. And I don't.

• Downvote 1

I'll assume that you're not actually trolling and say that I think this is a very elementary understanding of the law of attraction. You're taking it literally. It's about your vibration set point, your thoughts and dreams are only a representation of your feeling reality.

• Upvote 4

Uhm.. Have you already noticed that the super aware and well read people, such as Teal and other minds ca indeed say what the title here says?  we constantly challenge each other to think.  but yeah, if you take everything into the perspective that the physical mind can understand.. you wont ever understand the real meanings to things or even begin to start delving into yourself without judging everything inside.

I didn't want to enter this thread but I now find out it's the same guy who came here to try and get people to stop being vegan when we are at a healthy state of mind to actually say.. Why would I ever want to go back to eating unhealthily, meat included.  again.  it has hardly anything to do with the compassion for animals.  it's more about the harm it does for the human body and so on. 

Even though I am no health guru or exercise master.. I can SEE healthy people when they come around, specially when it tie it to certain mindsets and DIET and the enthusiasm about things and hardly any bias towards anything.  and as you may notice... those who's ego doesn't exist, that bump people have with one another just doesn't happen. 

Specially when the ego-less person has been where the other has been and can totally get where they are coming from.  But also letting your emotions be there and come up is very great for self healing and listening to your inner voice and so on  and that bit about treating others how you wish to be treated is gold because it's talking about the inner child, or how you'd treat your own mother, but it's also talking about treating YOURSELF how you would a little child.  You treat it with acceptance, and so on.  Again, there is no " I should feel this way or the other " or " I need to do this and I'll be happy" when with those expectations you automatically feel empty because we are always meant to go one step higher when creating momentum, and finding those pockets to rest in the moment and enjoy life.  but also accepting and getting involved with the nitty-gritty because avoiding from negativity just reflects how you treat yourself.  So then of course, running from the situation is just like running from yourself.

You know what's odd?  Is how those who engrave a way of thinking into your head.. never tell you the one thing they are very scared of is that you will find out something and thus become the teacher sort of thing or similar sorts of stories one could recreate.. Even if the one doing the teaching doesn't even realize he's been messed with.. that's the skill of the corrupt groups that have weaved their web through society, and specially through religious groups who have always had ties to the government.  all it has done was evolve into such a grotesque thing... I for one I am glad to witness it all falling apart at the seams to be replaced by an order of  wisdom and awareness.  There is a difference in being a leader with a goal in mind rather than somebody who wants to divide and conquer and only repeat what his ancestors have done... when in actuality, it was to keep a cycle going of making the people below remain stupid.. but time and time again they are having to deal with being confronted with something.. and funny how there is that policy in the US and any government.  is that you can simply ASK for evidence to something and they HAVE to show you..  Lol.  this works in our favor and those who actually are interested in law and such really know the benefit of learning your rights and how to properly apply them.. in which actually on it's own was meant to remove you from the webs of things.  Because there were pure beginnings, even with Hollywood and many testimonies of how it has changed alot since it's founding!  It used to be a place where people could flee to and so on.

WOW YOD!

I get a sense from your post that you have a lot of pain and sadness in your life. It sounds like you are telling us that you 'deserve' to be 'raped / murdered'. Often when we are not happy with ourselves, perhaps we feel we are not good enough or that we have done something in our past that we feel those people closest to us think badly of us for, and we think it would be better if we were just punished. Perhaps then the ones we care about that we feel don't  love us for past mistakes or are disappointed in us will then feel sorry for us and forgive and love us if something horrific happened to us.

The law of attraction does not necessarily attract 'physical things' into your life such as what you desire 'rape and murder', it can however attract things into your life that will keep you at the lower vibration you are at, causing you to continue to feel like you would want to have these horrific things happen to you for whatever reason you seem to think you want or deserve them. I would suggest that learning to forgiving yourself and  love yourself as YOU are the most important person in your life would go a long way in raising your vibration and inviting more positive and enlightening experiences to come into your life. 

Anyway hugs honey, sending you love and light.

YOU ARE ENOUGH!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CherieJ said:

WOW YOD!

I get a sense from your post that you have a lot of pain and sadness in your life. It sounds like you are telling us that you 'deserve' to be 'raped / murdered'. Often when we are not happy with ourselves, perhaps we feel we are not good enough or that we have done something in our past that we feel those people closest to us think badly of us for, and we think it would be better if we were just punished. Perhaps then the ones we care about that we feel don't  love us for past mistakes or are disappointed in us will then feel sorry for us and forgive and love us if something horrific happened to us.

The law of attraction does not necessarily attract 'physical things' into your life such as what you desire 'rape and murder', it can however attract things into your life that will keep you at the lower vibration you are at, causing you to continue to feel like you would want to have these horrific things happen to you for whatever reason you seem to think you want or deserve them. I would suggest that learning to forgiving yourself and  love yourself as YOU are the most important person in your life would go a long way in raising your vibration and inviting more positive and enlightening experiences to come into your life. 

Anyway hugs honey, sending you love and light.

YOU ARE ENOUGH!

Stop psycho-analyzing me. Your assumptions are incorrect.

No, I don't believe I deserve to get raped or murdered lol. On the contrary, I think I'm a good person and if these things happened to me, it would be tragic. Nor do I believe that ANYONE "deserves" to get raped. 

I guess my life has a degree of sadness in it, but I certainly don't think my life is any worse than the average male nowadays. Painful yes, unbearable not at all. 

The point still stands - if we can manifest things like money or a romantic partner, or even things like a breakup, why can't we manifest incrementally more negative experiences like gang-rape or murder? The answer is that LOA doesn't work.

Idk why I got -Repped, I guess people here don't like hearing opinions that aren't in line with "YOUR THOUGHTS CREATE YOUR REALITY, YOU ARE IN COMPLETE CONTROL OF YOUR DESTINY I MANIFESTED A PUPPY ONCE SO DONT YOU DARE SAY MANFESTING ISN'T AS SIMPLE AS I SAY IT IS."

I thank God every day that LOA doesn't work, because if it did, I'd be in some deep !!!!!. My life would be much more painful if LOA was true than it actually is, therefore LOA is wrong.

I am sorry if you felt I was 'pyscho analyzing' you. I was just responding to your question, however looking back I see it was not a question but a statement. I was not trying to be mean or make you feel bad. You never mentioned anything about your feeling like you are a good person in your original post and never did I say I did not like hearing your opinion was different than mine. I was actually agreeing with you that the LOA is not a magic physical manifestation wand.  

Your original post seems to have been written in such a way to attract answers you could ridicule.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, YOD said:

I thank God every day that LOA doesn't work, because if it did, I'd be in some deep !!!!!. My life would be much more painful if LOA was true than it actually is, therefore LOA is wrong.

I can relate to your way of thinking up to a point. LOA isn't "wrong", but it isn't the magical thing we read about all the time, thankfully, otherwise we would be extinct.

At the end of the day, I believe LOA brings to your attention opportunities. You take it or leave it. It is not because you think about being raped/hurt that you will be, but if you think about it a lot with feelings/believe it will happen/believe you deserve and so on, you will get more opportunities to make/have it happen. 

How many times do you think you're gonna be hurt and then it ends up just fine ? It's not that easy to attract negative things when you're not in the mindset, nothing happens by just thinking.

If you don't do anything, nothing will happen. You could stay at home 24/7 thinking about being raped, I swear it's not gonna happen. But you might have the urge to get off your !!!!! and go somewhere risky and with your "victim mindset/vibration", take the steps to make the thing happen. Ta-dah.

You don't manifest your lost item if you sit on your bed thinking, nor your puppy if you don't tell your parents, nor money or friends or whatever if you sit at home, jobless, alone, drinking tea but praying. '-'

• Upvote 1

On June 11, 2016 at 9:38 PM, YOD said:

I believe in spirituality playing a dominant role in our lives, but I don't think it happens through LOA, I know that's going to offend some of you since I'm not blindly agreeing to Law of Attraction and accept the possibility that LoA might be incorrect.

I often have nightmares of me getting murdered or gang-raped. I often fantasize in my waking state about these things as well. Therefore I should be manifesting these things in my daily life. I have never been murdered or gang-raped yet and I actually place myself in situations in which those things could potentially happen (hanging out with criminals, but it's yet to coalesce.) I'm not trying to "tempt" these things into existence, but I genuinely spend a large portion of my time thinking about them happening to myself and/or other people. 

Thank Source that LoA is BS because if it wasn't, I'd manifest these horrific, dangerous experiences. And I don't.

In Germany we say it echoes out of the woods the same way you shout in.

In English they say what goes around, comes around.

The loa is less what you think about but more what you don't think about. Also just thinking alone does not manifest things. However if you spend all your time just thinking and not doing, then eventually you'll die of dehydration or starvation. But, if you don't hide yourself properly then other people might actually help you out. 

The Law of Attraction implies: All that you are, you perceive.
You are more than one isolated and conscious thought. Therefore you will also perceive more than the isolated and experienced thought. You are like song, with overtones and undertones. Some notes are so high or low, that you aren't even aware of them. You are layers of consciousness. In fact, you are all that is. To be able to see the omnipresence of yourself in the mirror, you must be fully aware of all that is.