Display

Anybody else from Ireland here?

1 minute ago, Sarah-Jane said:

Hey Hannah! Nice to met you :) 

id definitely be up for a meet up lads!

Cool!!! Me too!!! I'm happy to organise one.....Lets see where everyone else is based....hopefully nearby :)

7 hours ago, kerrieoreilly said:

Hey Derek.....Where in Ireland are you?

Hi Kerrie ! Physically I'm in Dublin but mentally I'm in Argentina sipping on something cold...such is life 9_9

Hi everyone! I live in Dublin as well and meetup sounds great to me! Happy Food would be my choice of restaurant as it is the only vegan one in Dublin City currently...or the Maritime Café in Dun Laoghaire . I like the second option especially because I haven't been to the café yet and I love Dun Laoghaire. Or does anyone have something more "adventurous" in mind?

6 hours ago, Hannah said:

here is where it says it lol

Capture.PNG

Well that's not on the website yet.

I'm rarely in Dublin myself and have no car. If there was some place to crash overnight I'd consider going up for a weekend by bus though. =)

@Hannah: I wasn't aware of the Tips & Tricks section, thank you for bringing this up! One thing resonated with me straight away: 

• Once you meet up, jumping right into Shadow Work has proven to be an effective way to create deep, lasting bonds with one another. A mistake a lot of people make is to try to make it purely social in the beginning, thinking this will help people to be more comfortable... but what really happens is that it is just another meetup group with surface level connections where people are awkwardly chit-chatting by the chips and dip and then never come a second time!

So, let's not make it purely social. I am very new to Teal's work (even though I've been aware of her for two years) so I don't know yet which of the processes / meditations etc would be suitable for a group experience. Maybe the people who have been to the workshops have an idea? Also, does anyone here have experience in facilitating? If not, I guess it would be a fun experience to see where the flow takes us...

In my view, the point of this kind of meetup is to allow everyone to share the challenges they are facing in life right now. And then - that's where the processes come in. The challenge is to find a suitable space - or would it be fun to do shadow work in a café? Maybe we could rent a space for a reasonable price if enough people show up. I could ask the YogaHub if we could rent one of their yoga rooms on a Saturday evening.

Long story short, everyone is welcome to answer these questions:

1) Would you commit to attending a meetup within the next 4 weeks? (probably in Dublin, but I have nothing against traveling to a different part of Ireland on a weekend).

2) Do you have / are in contact with / know a space that's suitable for a meetup?

3) Are you a facilitator / yoga teacher etc?