Andrew_044

How do you find your passion?

17 posts in this topic

The tile says it all.My goal right now is to find my passion as soon as possible.I am interested in talking with people that have already found their passion.More specific,I want to know:

1.How much time it took to find it?

2.Found it by accident or on purpose?

3.Have you recognized instantly that is your passion or did you had to spent some time in order to recognize it?For example...Let's suppose that X's passion is to create websites.Did X knew what his/her passion is when he/she started to learn about how to create them,or when finished creating a website?

4.How does it feel?

5.What have you actually did to find it?Have you meditated for a long period of time,read self-help books etc.?What does it take to find it?

That's all my questions for now.I would appreciate if somebody would like to talk to me in more depth,if possible.

Well, mine came about when I was very young. I loved te cinema and movies, I used to watch a lot of behind the scenes on moves like Star Wars and Lord of the rings and then I just deeply desired to be a filmmaker. However haha, I got sucked into this system and false beliefs so I gave up and through my childhood and teenage years, I was going back and forth from a palaeontologist, chef, to an actor, to a producer then finally I said screw it I'm gonna follow my dreams. But don't get me wrong this year I was questioning my purpose but as I was loving myself more and more and studying film I just fell in love with it more. To find ur purpose, means doing the things u love and loving urself and it will literally fall into ur lap.

• Upvote 2

I read a book once that was quite useful, though I can't remember the name. Look back at when you were young and list down the times when you were the most happiest. After you have your list, look at what you have written and try to recognize the underlying 'theme/s'. Example: Drawing, playing guitar, sewing, playing sports. The theme can be 'Expression'. You would know that it's 'expression' because it will be something that's important to you now. When you are in alignment with 'expression' you will feel you have overflowing amounts of energy for it.  Hope this helps :)

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, nuia said:

Look back at when you were young and list down the times when you were the most happiest. After you have your list, look at what you have written and try to recognize the underlying 'theme/s'.

@Andrew_044

@cvs @nuia

I'm 16,and I don't remember being happy when I was a kid...My early childhood was kinda monotonous.I have already tried to remember moments when I was happy and excited being a kid..but nothing bubbles up.

5 minutes ago, Andrew_044 said:

@cvs @nuia

I'm 16,and I don't remember being happy when I was a kid...My early childhood was kinda monotonous.I have already tried to remember moments when I was happy and excited being a kid..but nothing bubbles up.

Did you used to day dream at in those monotonous times as a child? What did you used to dream about? What was your favourite toy? What is your earliest memory?

• Upvote 1

@cvs

Well..I remember playing with war toys.You know,mini soldiers,tanks etc.I was setting up a massive military base and then I was creating scenarios in my mind of how a little group of soldiers would shut down the entire base.I enjoyed playing like this.My favorite toy was a Donald Duck doll.I used to take him everywhere I go(only in the house,I wasn't taking him outside because I feared losing him).I slept with him until my 6th grade,lol.I kinda loved that doll.I remember making his own bed in a casserole.

There was this strategy game my father was playing on the PC.It was a Command and Conquer game..I used to daydream about that as far as I can remember.The only times being happy were in my kindergarten.I had so many friends there.I took pride in role playing a character from a cartoon called Transformers,with other kids.

My earliest memory..I'm not sure.I guess from kindergarten,when I first met one of my friends.Yeah,the kindergarten was my favorite part of life,I guess.

• Upvote 1

@walt Ahm..I hope I won't annoy you but,your answer is kinda vague to me.In a way,I understand that you say that I should do what I like the most and keep moving in that way..but the problem is that there isn't nothing that I actually love doing..If I would know that thing,I wouldn't have been asking this question.

Have you found your passion?If yes,how?

17 minutes ago, Violet Dove said:

I'm also trying to find mine I'm also really bored and hungry right now

Lol,get some rest.May I ask what are you doing in order to find your passion?I can use all the help that I can get...

4 minutes ago, Andrew_044 said:

@walt Ahm..I hope I won't annoy you but,your answer is kinda vague to me.In a way,I understand that you say that I should do what I like the most and keep moving in that way..but the problem is that there isn't nothing that I actually love doing..If I would know that thing,I wouldn't have been asking this question.

Have you found your passion?If yes,how?

Lol,get some rest.May I ask what are you doing in order to find your passion?I can use all the help that I can get...

nothing really just researching different topics a lot. But I'm not really actively trying new things

1 minute ago, walt said:

The intellectual roller coaster is a distraction and is not a reliable place to find important things. The heart is found in the right brain and it connects you to your spiritual being.

Practice being anti intellectual.

And how do I do that?How much time do I need to practice?

10 hours ago, Andrew_044 said:

@cvs

Well..I remember playing with war toys.You know,mini soldiers,tanks etc.I was setting up a massive military base and then I was creating scenarios in my mind of how a little group of soldiers would shut down the entire base.I enjoyed playing like this.My favorite toy was a Donald Duck doll.I used to take him everywhere I go(only in the house,I wasn't taking him outside because I feared losing him).I slept with him until my 6th grade,lol.I kinda loved that doll.I remember making his own bed in a casserole.

There was this strategy game my father was playing on the PC.It was a Command and Conquer game..I used to daydream about that as far as I can remember.The only times being happy were in my kindergarten.I had so many friends there.I took pride in role playing a character from a cartoon called Transformers,with other kids.

My earliest memory..I'm not sure.I guess from kindergarten,when I first met one of my friends.Yeah,the kindergarten was my favorite part of life,I guess.

Hey thanks for sharing :) And adorable story about Donald Duck, the casserole bed especially !! I still have my equivilent toy which is a puffin. He still hangs around and occationally comes on holiday with me. I'm 26 years old by the way :P

When I was reading your first paragraph and you mentioned war games and military toys it immediately jumped to my mind that you could be a logical strategist type of person. And then I get to the second paragraph and it starts:

There was this strategy game...

But strategy can be more of a means to an end rather than a passion, would you agree? You life's purpose might not be to just to 'do strategy'. It is possible but I somehow don't think you would be here demanding to know your life purpose if the was something so simple that you have already been doing your whole life. However you do seem to have a strong natural aptitude for it so it may well be the case that whatever your true passion is is something that would require or be benefitted by strong strategic abilities.

I was creating scenarios in my mind of how a little group of soldiers would shut down the entire base

This part on the other hand is the sort of thing that could be more telling. But you need to explore a lot more.

A couple more probing questions... This friend of yours you remember meeting in kindergarten. What was it that caused you two to become friends? What was it that appealled to you about him or her? What were your favourite classes in school? Do you remember any topics or projects really capturing your imagination?

P.S. Was the Command and Conquer game called Tiberian Sun? I know there were a number of different Command and Conquer titles but me and my brother used to love that one when we were younger !!

Edited by cvs

@cvs

Well,I remember entering the kindergarten hall with my father,I think he was talking to one of my teachers..and this boy came up to me(without even knowing him) and said:"Hey friend,let's play". And then I was starting to have more and more friendships with friends at my kindergarten.

I'm 16 and I'm still in school.I like math,physics,English,German(not my native languages),coding,history and like learning about psychology.Unfortunately I don't really like any of theses subjects in such degree,that I would be able to can point out at them and search for jobs/activities that involve mastering that particular subject.

Not really...Sometimes when I listen to music and I really enjoy a song,I think about how the song can be transposed in a lyric video.I'm refer to this kind of lyric videos:

And when listening to dupstep I think how the sounds would look..if that makes any sense.

There was a time in my life when I got really passionate about something.There was a online strategy game that I've played for nearly 2 years.I used to enter the game daily and think about it very much.What I liked so much about it,wasn't the game itself,but it was the fact that I was a member of an alliance and that I was an important person for the alliance I was part of.Getting into a little bit of detail..I was like a "co-leader"(no,the game isn't called Clash of Clans).I liked communicating with my members and teach them how to play.What I loved the most to do in the game,was to establish relations with other alliances,I was the "diplomat".I liked recruiting members in order to form new alliances and get control over a certain area of the map.

I got to the point where I was respected by the most important leaders and by a lot of players(and I was only about 14 lol..and the average age for players in that game is somewhere around 20-40).This game was almost all the time in my head and got much ideas.

I'm not sure why I liked those things so much about the game..I was always having this picture in my mind of my country(the game was taking place in Europe) looking powerful,secure and the other countries and alliances respecting us and wanting to ally with us..maybe that's the reason I don't know.In the real life my country is extremely corrupt and his people are leaving it.I kinda want to do something about it...But having a job in military or being a politician don't sound so appealing to me.

@cvs

Well,I remember entering the kindergarten hall with my father,I think he was talking to one of my teachers..and this boy came up to me(without even knowing him) and said:"Hey friend,let's play". And then I was starting to have more and more friendships with friends at my kindergarten.

I'm 16 and I'm still in school.I like math,physics,English,German(not my native languages),coding,history and like learning about psychology.Unfortunately I don't really like any of theses subjects in such degree,that I would be able to can point out at them and search for jobs/activities that involve mastering that particular subject.

Not really...Sometimes when I listen to music and I really enjoy a song,I think about how the song can be transposed in a lyric video.I'm refer to this kind of lyric videos:

And when listening to dupstep I think how the sounds would look..if that makes any sense.

There was a time in my life when I got really passionate about something.There was a online strategy game that I've played for nearly 2 years.I used to enter the game daily and think about it very much.What I liked so much about it,wasn't the game itself,but it was the fact that I was a member of an alliance and that I was an important person for the alliance I was part of.Getting into a little bit of detail..I was like a "co-leader"(no,the game isn't called Clash of Clans).I liked communicating with my members and teach them how to play.What I loved the most to do in the game,was to establish relations with other alliances,I was the "diplomat".I liked recruiting members in order to form new alliances and get control over a certain area of the map.

I got to the point where I was respected by the most important leaders and by a lot of players(and I was only about 14 lol..and the average age for players in that game is somewhere around 20-40).This game was almost all the time in my head and got much ideas.

I'm not sure why I liked those things so much about the game..I was always having this picture in my mind of my country(the game was taking place in Europe) looking powerful,secure and the other countries and alliances respecting us and wanting to ally with us..maybe that's the reason I don't know.In the real life my country is extremely corrupt and his people are leaving it.I kinda want to do something about it...But having a job in military or being a politician don't sound so appealing to me.

PS:It was called Command and Conquer Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge.