Elif

What do people do in their free time?

8 posts in this topic

What do you do? Or others do?
I have a lot of free time and I want to do something fun, productive with it. So, what are your suggestions?

Im really dedicated to being on the internet and gaming also, teal would probably say that i should stop it but for me its really a passion to get better and better in various online games and it becomes its own kind of meditation for me. Also i hang around on youtube a lot  and watch all kinds of videos listen to music and especially i search for spiritual teachings. From people like teal swan, eckhart tolle, ralph smart, actualized...
My activities in real life are jogging and training with weights both like 2-3 times a week and also 30-60 min meditation a day. 
Sometimes i still meet up with my friends although i stopped meeting  many of them because their viberation doesent resonate with me anymore, most of them always were a bad influence on me and i was smoking weed back then which really did not end up well for me but i pretty much stopped everything unhealthy like weed, alcohol and tobacco and even became vegetarian a few weeks ago so now im pretty healthy :) 
Oh im also a passionate poem writer but i usually dont put much time into that maybe i should.

Edited by LaucherJunge
  • Upvote 1

I like to stretch my body and listen to music. I often get on YouTube as well to check on any recent uploads from spiritual teacher channels. Also just love to read or watch anything inspiring. 

I have a lot of free time as well. I just moved into my apartment in another city and already bored with walking on public parks. Just before I was practicing my pitching and now cant do that anymore without my parents backyard :5761e0b7b4c1d_EmojiSmiley-20:

I find that learning something new everyday helps with my boredom. I've been reading on history of Europe and China for the past few days now. Interesting stuff. My mind is constantly nagging me to start drawing. I was pretty good at it during my childhood years before i got my Nintendo 64, never again pick up a pencil ever since. So yea, I think I'll draw some human anatomy or whatever.

For some suggestions have you heard of disc golfing? Super fun and great way to hang out with others, plus it's outdoors. Breath in that fresh air!

• Upvote 1

I like your question :) although it is not the easiest for me to answer right now.

There any many things I used to do that I could have responded with such as inline skating, inline hockey and football. In my teenage years I would play hockey every weekend and almost every school night either go skating or play football which I also played every lunch. I was really active. However these days I find it more and more difficult to do active and fun things like I used to. More and more I find myelf on the computer working.

I am a software engineer with an inventive streak so I almost typically have multiple projects to improve the world on the go and regularly find myself over worked and burning out. It's actually one of my big things at the moment only to have one project at a time and just write new ideas down without trying to start every new project, so that I can actually complete a project, priorietise easier,and find more time to do the things that I have felt have been lacking.

Even still, doing just the one project whilst everything I can to keep people around me happy and make sure I am able to pay my rent each month, struggling to hold down a full time job or maintain the desire to do so because of the way my mind works and the way I am unable to conform with something that I don't hold as valuable and I burn out quickly when I am forced into it), I am still feeling over stretched and like I can't possibly even attempt to fit in any recreation for a while.

The truth is that I can, just in the moment it matters stress holds me back from just walking out the door and going and doing something that I will enjoy. I just tell myself that if I keep working then it will all work itself out and be worth it and then I will have time to do anything I want. I do believe this, but the problem for me is that I have been striving for a long time now and so far nothing has happened. I am starting to put on weight and become noticbly less healthly for always sitting at a computer.

But I am working towards improving my external world so that I will be able to apply more of my energy to the things that are valuable to me whilst maintaining a sustainable balance, so this list is subject to change and I have every intention of returning with updates.

But for now, I spend my free time:

- Wishing I had more free time
- Telling myself I have to keep working
- Cuddling a parrot (Hey it's not all bad :))

Edited by cvs
  • Upvote 1

On August 25, 2016 at 0:51 AM, cvs said:

I like your question :) although it is not the easiest for me to answer right now.

There any many things I used to do that I could have responded with such as inline skating, inline hockey and football. In my teenage years I would play hockey every weekend and almost every school night either go skating or play football which I also played every lunch. I was really active. However these days I find it more and more difficult to do active and fun things like I used to. More and more I find myelf on the computer working.

I am a software engineer with an inventive streak so I almost typically have multiple projects to improve the world on the go and regularly find myself over worked and burning out. It's actually one of my big things at the moment only to have one project at a time and just write new ideas down without trying to start every new project, so that I can actually complete a project, priorietise easier,and find more time to do the things that I have felt have been lacking.

Even still, doing just the one project whilst everything I can to keep people around me happy and make sure I am able to pay my rent each month, struggling to hold down a full time job or maintain the desire to do so because of the way my mind works and the way I am unable to conform with something that I don't hold as valuable and I burn out quickly when I am forced into it), I am still feeling over stretched and like I can't possibly even attempt to fit in any recreation for a while.

The truth is that I can, just in the moment it matters stress holds me back from just walking out the door and going and doing something that I will enjoy. I just tell myself that if I keep working then it will all work itself out and be worth it and then I will have time to do anything I want. I do believe this, but the problem for me is that I have been striving for a long time now and so far nothing has happened. I am starting to put on weight and become noticbly less healthly for always sitting at a computer.

But I am working towards improving my external world so that I will be able to apply more of my energy to the things that are valuable to me whilst maintaining a sustainable balance, so this list is subject to change and I have every intention of returning with updates.

But for now, I spend my free time:

- Wishing I had more free time
- Telling myself I have to keep working
- Cuddling a parrot (Hey it's not all bad :))

Wow! I have a parrot too, haha.

• Upvote 1