Booom

Should i tell my ex i still love him?

6 posts in this topic

Its been 4 years since we broke up and i feel a lil stupid to even write this.

I dated him for 2 years, he was my first boyfriend and we loved each other very much. How ever i had some issues back then and i took my anger on him so eventually he got sick of it and left me.

I was finally doing great and then he contacted me asking if i can do a drawing for him and a agreed, thinking it will take just a week. But its been half year and we've been talking all this time and met up and i realised i still love him!!!!!

I dont know what to do, i dont think he feels the same....i dont want to make a fool out of myself!

Should i tell him i love him or just leave it and hope it will fade away? When he broke up with me he refused to answer if he's over me so that kinda kept my hopes up.

He's single by the way

Please help :(

I don't usually give advice on love but I want to say 'yes'. Or you can continue to wallow in this insecurity and frustration. Personally, I would try and make sure that you are not experiencing the feeling of remorse of the lost feeling (of Love) rather than actual Love. Please take this with a grain of salt and much Love to all. Thank you!

Edited by Micah
  • Upvote 2

My advice is " have you took the time to heal your self from the original issues and anger yet" It appears to me that you have a serious negative reflection looking back at your self and if I was you I would focus on learning how to express love to myself before expressing love to him. Once you have found your own self worth it will be so much easier to see whether use are meant to be together. But if that anger is still unhealed then if you do re kindle then the anger will re surface and things may go south again. Also the original anger issue may be the thing that's actually preventing use being together. Don't worry about expressing your love to him and focus on expressing your love to YOU. If you haven't already watch teals "healing the emotional body" on youtube, give yourself enough time to really digest the practice so that you can figure out the source of the original issues. 

Peace and love

• Upvote 1

Feel the emotional basis that your desire is coming from. Is it from a good or negative feeling? Is it from inspiration/love/desire or neediness/expectation/validation? Sometimes if we overthink situations we might be confused about our feelings. Your body knows your desire and how you feel so try to have a positive focus and clear about yourself, him and what you want and an inspiration will come to you about what you should do and you won't question it.

• Upvote 1

My boyfriend and I have broken up and gotten back together about 4 times and we are always happy when we get back together, we still have problems but working on them together makes a difference, I read quote ages ago that said, we've been married for 60 years because in my time if something was broken we didn't throw it away, we fixed it

• Upvote 1

If you are absolutely sure you still love him and you are not just confused by your emotions at this current time then I think it would be better for him to know where he stands. It feels to me like you would be being more authentic by showing your feelings towards him rather than hiding them which is not going to benefit either of you. You just need to be sure that this is real and there is some advice for that already such as by @Burcu.

I would also add that it would be worth leaving it at least a couple of weeks before taking any action telling him. This will give your state of being time to shift away from where you are at right now and and allow you to determine if the feelings were indeed real or if they were just a result of what is going on around you (you met up with him again) and inside you (there is some void since he has not been there?) right now which was making you think that you are still in love and that you being together is what is right.

Edited by cvs
  • Upvote 1