Guest amy f

How can i find peace with others choices?

11 posts in this topic

Guest amy f

My nan has emphysema and is suffering a lot but will not accept help and is afraid of surgery. I wish I could take her suffering away but i cant. Its not my life and even if i were a healer she wouldn't accept it. She is very closed off and does not believe in natural medicine. Can someone please help me deal with this maybe emotionally or to find a new perspective about this? She has been in and out of hospital and is now back in hospital. Am i to just accept it for what it is? How do i find peace with others choices especially when they are family? 

You better start expressing to her whatever you feel. She might connect that way and would follow you eventually. Listen to her for significant length of time and see her POV abt her condition and her wants. And give it to her exactly what she wants. All the best

• Upvote 1

this is one of the toughest questions life actually puts to all of us. I say we can only help ourselves, and be the light that shines outwardly if others take onboard =-= but life is tragically like a train journey where people get off and on at different segments and sometimes we share a seat with our closest and fondest - until they depart at the next stop.... it breaks my heart that analogy because try as we might we cannot alter nor change the route life chooses for others. Stay upbeat, and don't discount the downbeat you are reasonable to expect the emotions high and low... ride with this and through this and just be there right beside your Nan - because she will honour and love you for it. Love, and respect.

• Upvote 1

we live in a world where people don't know that illness is an emotional thing, diet, environment, life style, all that has an affect on your body. the belief that this is just what is, my body just has this disease is what going to the hospital does, they will never bring up emotional stuff, but that's a huge one, and unfortunately some people are still in that paradigm and think it cant change, but that's not true. I don't know... beliefs are like huge brick walls, if she doesn't believe it, it wont work. if she isn't ask for help and isn't changing her life like she wants to get better, than there's not much you can do, just love her I guess.

• Upvote 3

I have a similar mother. Acccepting her as she is is the key. Easier said then done I know but seeing the good in her, giving her acceptance and love for her condition and where she is, and seeing her as the capable strong person as the source in you sees her is the key to let go. Not to fix her or change her, but to bring out the light in her. Which will eventually lead her to the right path. This is the best you can do and will give results as your power of influence is a value.

Guest amy f

She has passed away now, last night around 3am. She was closed off and didnt allow us to say goodbye. 

11 hours ago, amy f said:

She has passed away now, last night around 3am. She was closed off and didnt allow us to say goodbye. 

I'm so sorry for your loss. know, that she is there with beings of immense love and help. she is free from pain, from suffering, she is just love, one with source.

• Upvote 2

first off I want to offer my wishes to your nan I'd imagine she's so happy now, also it sounds like she didn't take the help because she wanted to go as id imagine everyone can keep going and going finding ways to move forward but it actually takes alot of strength to push the ones you love away to start the beginning of a new journey, , the same thing happened to my mum, my nan was at her death bed mum was by her side bit she fell asleep, when she woke up her mum was gone and she told me she said to herself, she didnt say goodbye, but I don't think my nana could have said goodbye honestly, when you're that loved, then my mum told me one day, when someone dies who are you crying for, and I said them, she's no, your crying for yourself

• Upvote 1

Omg; I started reading this thread w a few things maybe in mind to say; and then saw the update about her passing.  I just have to say.....not that this will help your loss.  So, idk the answer, but what struck me as I was reading this is that I am SO IMPRESSED with the question! Its the right question!  Im not sure I could have even come to the awareness of having that enlightened of a question if I was going through what you just went though.