John

Time

3 posts in this topic

How does time exist, not as a concept, but in reality? Time exists in the third dimensional reality, we use time to learn a skill or a new language though practice and repetition. Time however does not exist in our internal world, for example in our minds. Our mind has no distinction between experiences of the past and present. If this is so, then to our minds are all experiences, thoughts, and emotions occurring simultaneously? (And the ones we are conscious of at any moment in the 3rd dimension are the ones we are giving our attention to) I am having trouble fully understanding the concept, would anyone care to share their thoughts on this? 

• Upvote 1

Hi John,

I was looking through older posts and spotted yours. I think you are asking a great question! I'm also interested in understanding time better. I hope teal will talk about this more in one of her future videos, giving us a glimpse of what time really is, how it works, and more about how we can use it better to meet our needs and desires. In the mean time, here's my intuitive guesses. (No pun intended :-P) followed by some links to videos she did that I think are on, or closest to, this topic.

My understanding or guess is that time, and space, as we know them, are constructs for manifesting a physical universe in which to experience contrast so that we may better know ourselves and unity with all. This is sources way of trying to understand source, and expand its consciousness. For all the seriousness we perceive in life from a our ego bound human perspective in which we have one life to live, the physical world is actually a playground for our spirits in the infinite expanse of the eternal now.

My expressing this is not to diminish the suffering we feel or the importance of life and in our everyday struggles, only to put it in a perspective that starts to give even a glimpse of the infinite nature of time as we perceive it verses the eternal now. Think how you might perceive your life differently if you were aware of living more lives than you can count. And how you might feel differently about other people, past, present and future, if you knew what it was like to live their lives, because you did or will. Such is the perspective I think source has in the eternal now.

So we have this eternal now that doesn't really fit how us humans think about time, and yet we are still experiencing reality this way. To try to consider some approximation of it, I've heard that the true nature of time can be thought of like the pages of a book. One which, as a non-physical beings, thought forms and other types of energy can traverse, as all pages exist simultaneously in the eternal now. Thus, in this way, what we would consider "past, present, and future" all exist together as an infinite number of nows. But I think even the pages are changing, thus there multiple dimensions to the book, not just front to back.

I looked, but could not find anywhere that Teal describes indepth how time exists in reality or the nature of the infinite now. Again I hope she does a video on that. I would love to know her perspective on the topic. But below are some great videos having to do with the future and one on past lives.

I hope this helps. I wish you the best. - Aaron

Future Self Work (a process for success) - Teal Swan -
https://youtu.be/ZAnmM8N3jt8

Fear Of The Future (How To Stop Fearing The Future) - Teal Swan -
https://youtu.be/8dSl82gAqqo

THE FUTURE - Teal Swan -
https://youtu.be/A4NF1aWg7K0

Why Don't We Remember Our Past Lives? (Episode about Past Lives) - Teal Swan
https://youtu.be/dQdRTdA8FQU

• Upvote 1

I think time is a gift for our souls to prolong depths and highs of our experiences. If we didn't have time everything would probably feel like a quick call from one side of the Earth to another. And somehow it always happens either  /or. For ex., one chooses to celebrate and enjoy his birthday all day long while another just looks at the calendar and call it a day.