Lleo Oneiro

Website Posting Rules Discussion

22 posts in this topic

I've been in this online forums yard for 20 years. There is an over emphasis on vanity, appearances here in Teal's forum; in regards to rules, some are set because the powers that be are worried some forum behaviors are bad for business and your speech, art, experience here is being nazi'd in fear of losing money, power. I'm not guessing or lying so deal with it. Shouldn't have to explain this.

Spammers, bots, attacks to the forum's ability to function are all that is required. 

Micromanaging busy-bodies are people with mental disorders. However, much like world government's these psychopaths get power due to acquiring resources and means of distribution, such as communications in this case with the forum here.

As long as money is first priority, the cyberpunks will never be free. 

• Upvote 1

The purpose of this thread is to open a discussion board about the 'rules' posted in a previous thread by the site's moderators. I don't mean any disrespect but I noticed that the thread titled "Website Posting Rules" is closed to discussion which eliminates any question to authority which defies the whole reason I like Teal and why she resonates so much with me. For instance, Rule #6:  6.  No "trolling" - posting controversial messages with the intent of baiting other users to reply . I post controversial messages with the intent of seeing the views of others all of the time. Controversy tends to bring out people's most honest opinions and I can't see myself letting go of the need to hear people's honest opinions and I really hate to go search elsewhere for this desire when I am already limited to finding a community that I can relate to. 

Maybe I am so off with this Rule#6 and if it could be reiterated to me if I'm totally wrong please do. And thank you!

Edited by Micah
people's most honest opinions
  • Upvote 2

I was frustrated to see the rules as well. I spoke to another forum member to share my frustration about a week ago. I felt as if I was caged! I do voice my opinion and known to be stubborn and rebellious too so I thought perhaps it is my desire to break free boundaries following me everywhere I go.  So I thought perhaps I have to find the freedom within me and heal my inner self which suffered from extreme controlling.  It is sad to see that everything has to be controlled.

That is not how I wanted theses threads to go together.

@MicahI wanted yours to be first.

Anyway please voice and discuss your opinions. That way we can make the forum a better place for everyone.

• Upvote 1

@Mind's Eye  I have questions regarding rule no 2,3,4,9,10,13. 

The very first thing I want to ask is who determines the validity of comments? Is it solely up to moderators?  Don't you think this is judgment? if Teal's teachings revolves around authenticity don't you think we are supposed to embrace who we are for what we do? Moderation is a good path to follow however I think it must be reached naturally not by imposing rules.  

2 and 3

We can only win respect but cannot force respect. 

4. Do not post spam or Re-post Closed, Modified, Deleted Content

what if I am interested in a topic that has already been deleted? 

9. 'Do not post advertisements, or referral links to other services'

This is a bit vague to me. Am I allowed to introduce a new book written by another spiritual teacher? 

10.  Do not swear excessively

I actually learnt that people who swear can be honest and direct with their dealings thanks to the forum. although this was tormenting in the beginning (as I am not used to swearing at all) I learnt that if we are able to cross that barrier there is so much more to that person behind the words. 

13. Please do not "hijack" a forum thread by changing the subject. 

I have seen this happening however I disregard the unnecessary comments and only enjoy the relevant ones. 

I knew the flights could get "hijacked"but never knew that it could happen to threads too :D 

Thank you for allowing me to share my opinion. Thank you @Lleo Oneiro and @Micah

Edited by Teena

@Teena thank you for your input.

Usually all the mods and admins will get together and decide. It is handled on a case by case basis and we don't do anything until we're all on the same page.

We are supposed to embrace our true selves, however, not at another person's expense. At the same time no rules leads to chaos. I'm getting the sense that it is wording that is getting to people. I will be very relaxed in my enforcement of these rules, however, there comes a point were I will draw a line if someone keeps on and on. All I'm asking is that people please be civil.

2&3 true, respect must be earn. I'm just asking that people please be respectful

4 pm me and will try to work something out.

9 let me get back to you on that

10 what I'm mainly concerned is swearing all the time and swearing at directly at someone. This something even I have to work on a daily basis. lol

13 All I'm asking is that you keep it related. If someone starts a thread on how cats improve their vibe don't change the change the subject to quantum physics, UNLESS, by some miracle you can keep the two related. LOL.

Thank you again for your input as this is a work in progress.

@Mind's Eye @Teena 

When people say that respect should be earned, I disagree with that or I don't agree that it should be applied later. Everyone deserves respect initially. Saying someone needs to initially earn respect is like saying most people are bad and have bad intentions which couldn't be any further from the truth. Respect is like a two-way street, as soon as you become disrespectful, that is when you lose your right to respect but it doesn't mean that you have the right to be an asshole and show your lack of empathy or a lack of control to the disrespectful. 

So, in conclusion, you should approach everyone with the intent of respect and be respectful (not to sound redundant) and when someone loses self-control and acts disrespectful, it's that moment right there that they have expressed that they have no interest in maintaining your respect. And even so, you should calmly let them know that you feel disrespected because it may have been a mistake lost in a lack of context and presentation. For instance, especially if it's a Capricorn like myself, we are misunderstood a lot haha like daily. Thank you and much Love for everyone here!

p.s. I understand that there are degrees of respect, however it is not going to kill you to give someone that initial respect and a chance to earn higher degrees.

Ok that is all haha

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Neptune said:

Teena, you yourself have done this to a number of threads here. You didn't apologize or accept resonsibility, you just scrutinized the person for asking to stay on topic. It was incredibly disrespectful.

@Neptune @Teena I totally agree with that. She needs to be punished for such behaviour >:(

8 hours ago, Neptune said:

Teena, you yourself have done this to a number of threads here. You didn't apologize or accept resonsibility, you just scrutinized the person for asking to stay on topic. It was incredibly disrespectful.

@Neptune did you mean I have hijacked topics? how? 

@Amit why should I be punished?

6 hours ago, Micah said:

Respect is like a two-way street, as soon as you become disrespectful, that is when you lose your right to respect but it doesn't mean that you have the right to be an asshole and show your lack of empathy or a lack of control to the disrespectful. 

@Micah 'eye for eye and tooth for tooth' doesn't win. if you know what respect is then it is harder for you to get triggered by someone's dis-respectfulness. if you were to look deeper others won't show up with a totally different vibration to what you already got!

7 minutes ago, Amit said:

Lol...i was talking about sweet punishment. :D

See?...again you have hijacked the topic >:(

@Amit okie I try not to hijack next time :D 

@Teena I'm not saying anything about "eye for an eye". Here, I'll reiterate it:  Initially give respect to people but if you are disrespectful, don't expect any more respect back from that person. A two-way street doesn't mean "eye for an eye" It means respect has to be a collective effort that is all I am saying. You should not be disrespectful just because you have been disrespected like I said it shows your lack of empathy and self-control to the disrespectful.  Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Micah
  • Upvote 2