Guest amy f

Friendship and connection, asking for assistance.

11 posts in this topic

Guest amy f

Hi everyone 

I am taking the chance of being more open today, because its one of those days I just can not take being closed off and alone anymore. I am reaching out to teals followers because I see the kind of support she has received over the years and id like to connect with others. So, if you relate to what i write here, then please feel free to message me or reply, all are welcome.

I am the youngest in my family. Some of my family are open minded and then the rest of my family are closed minded. Its half and half. Different beliefs, throughout my family and extended family. Even the open minded people in my family don't know the real me because i don't know the real me. My family are loving, and are supportive but i have a feeling if i were to truly be myself, for whatever that means there would be confusion, misunderstanding. Which is okay but i feel i need to speak about it. I need to let my feelings out somewhere that is safe. Over the years, though i am the youngest, i am the one who is teaching my older siblings and my parents about the new. Not by literally teaching them, but, quietly, and in ways they do not see. Which i am okay with. But, the hard truth is, i am alone. I see there are people out in the world who express things i resonate with, who i could maybe become good friends with. But, the thing is, there are big age differences. I am okay with that too. But, its not fun when your young, and adults tend to ignore you simply because your younger. I am open to friendships of all ages, but to find people i resonate with who are of my generation would be good for me to. My generation seems to mostly focus on the old ways of being. Sure, a lot of new is happening, but, i don't know anyone who i can connect with deeply, spiritually on a soul level. I am a big nature lover yet most my age don't notice or understand the beauty around them. Id love to be with people who i can work with on the so called "new earth" if that is still in the cards for humanity. I am asking for nothing more then connection and friendship. I am very sensitive, i understand other people very well. I am willing to be present with you for whatever you go through. I hold no judgement. Somehow, i simply understand. It is just how i am. My vision is to experience true peace and stillness. But the challenge this life i chose i think has been experiencing the complete opposite. I experience a lot of anxiety which makes connecting with others physically a little more challenging. Id like to see that this world isn't so bad after all and there are people who are loving and kind, and want something similar to me. (it doesn't have to be the same, for i understand that unity is not about coming together over similarities but over differences. that is true unity) But it would be nice to feel a deeper connection with others. I hope those of us who love and care for the planet find eachother and can work together, physically or not, because i could really use the assistance at this time. Thank you

Hi,

I think I understand how you feel. It has taken me many years to come out of my shell even tho it is still a battle everyday. What I have found after slowly being myself around family, classmates, coworkers and friends, is that I am the main person judging myself. I feel like I am constantly in my head questioning myself, even agrueing or scolding myself. Its difficult and I feel crazy at most times. But the more I open up, ask questions, be weird, the more I see people that I want to know come to into the light.

Right now, or should I say over the last year I have been really trying to commit to me, love me. I think it's going to be a life long journey but...it's worth it. 

Ut awesome for opening up, there are tons of people on this site who are guaranteed to be ur friend and help u ? Which is pretty awesome. For me it's the fact that no one understand me in my family of 5 and I'm the oldest being 19 whereas my brother and sister younger than me. The hard part about that is watching the emotional abuse sometimes and knowin they are not being raised to realise who they truly are. I used to be like you before and during most of my time during my first year of uni until during the 3rd term I was able to rid of the anxiety as I became more self loving . Anyways we are all here for you and everyone here will connect with each other. Thanks for sharing ?

I would love to be a friend to you and to Connect with like minded individuals. I'm a middle aged mother and grandmother I'm 44 lol. I seem to feel other people's needs and emotions. I'm a Capricorn.  Capricorns make friends forever and care deeply about family and friends but we are stubborn goats lol. Still finding who I am . Blessings to you 

• Upvote 1

Hi Amy! Wow reading your post.. Felt like I was reading my own thoughts at your age. I am now 24. 

I agree with the previous replies to your post, that self love and challenging yourself to step out of your comfort zone little by little will truly help to overcome your fears and anxieties. 

I too feel alone at times as I am also looking to connect on a deep level with people. It feels rare sometimes to come across people who are willing to connect openly and deeply. 

It was brave of you to speak your mind on here.

what part of the world are you from?

I think, its better to look for connection in your vicinity. This site wont help much except to locate members in our area. 

Amy I'm always here if you need to chat. About anything. I'm in Ohio in a small town called Hillsboro I live outside of town at Rocky Fork Lake it's connected to a state park. I love the area lots of wildlife. Where are you from and how's the area your located at. You can always inbox me if you need to reach me. Many blessings to you and everyone else. I'm meeting so many people on here with life's that are connected through similar life stories. Before I found Teals site I used believe that I was alone in my traumatic childhood life. But I can see now that's not the truth. 

Guest amy f

@CanadianGirl1991 i am "from" Australia (: What about you?

@aquartzs Thank you for the support feel free to PM me whenever you like! 

@Amit I agree but also connecting online is all some of us can do since most of us live very far apart!

Edited by amy f

1 hour ago, amy f said:

@CanadianGirl1991 i am "from" Australia (: What about you?

@aquartzs Thank you for the support feel free to PM me whenever you like! 

@Amit I agree but also connecting online is all some of us can do since most of us live very far apart!

@amy f yeah. May be partially true. But it takes much of our energy and we dont get it back, as fas as i experienced. Lets see