EverlyWoods732

Finding love, traveling the world

13 posts in this topic

I want to fall in love. But last time I fell in love, it traumatized me. I think

I got over it by now. It's taken some time. What does it take to attract love in your life. A soul mate, a twin flame, or simply a really good friendship. How do I do this? 

• Upvote 1

This is a big question. What positive things to you want to get from love? When you say love, and you think of ideal love, what does that look like to you? 

<3

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Tessa Rae said:

This is a big question. What positive things to you want to get from love? When you say love, and you think of ideal love, what does that look like to you? 

<3

Awesome answer! You're like a mini Teal going around!  <3

• Upvote 1

This has many answers I'm sure. I'd say that if you do things that make you happy and go places that make you happy, you are more likely to find someone who is a match to you. I've also found that if you "stop looking", love falls in ones lap. And that notion goes with what I just wrote.

You are a :star-yahoo-emoticon:

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, EverlyWoods732 said:

I want to fall in love. But last time I fell in love, it traumatized me. I think

I got over it by now. It's taken some time. What does it take to attract love in your life. A soul mate, a twin flame, or simply a really good friendship. How do I do this? 

@EverlyWoods732 I went through number of traumatized experiences so be happy that you had only one :D 

Let go of the need to attract love  (I know it is hard when you are at that stage) and simply be. It doesn't take anything outside of you as @MavEn had already said 'stop looking' because it is already within you. Love happens when you least expect.

12 hours ago, EverlyWoods732 said:

What does it take to attract love in your life. A soul mate, a twin flame, or simply a really good friendship. How do I do this? 

You learn to love by loving yourself. 

If you want a good  relationship/ friendship,  you need to represent the relationship and the qualities that you wish to see in your partner. 

• Upvote 1

;-;I never expected support was so easy. Wow

I love u all

On 8/15/2016 at 4:45 PM, Tessa Rae said:

<3

It looks like peace and no fear & easiness

• Upvote 2

When we are alone we dream of an ideal love when in reality we are actually very adaptable and able to change to suit a person that we want to spend time with. I don't think it is wise to look for ideal love only love that moves both parties forward. Then again I'm pro-polyamory so I don't feel limited by any one person. A lot of pressure to put on one person to say you are my only love now and forever. No wonder it fails all the time and end up hating each other. Managing expectations is so important in life.

• Upvote 1

To desire a lover you must become the vibration of love. This means you will realise you are the greatest love of your life. And there is so much stuff to do which gets you in that vibration, as teal said everyday wrote down one thing about yourself u dislike and find approval. And as Ralph smart said, follow and do the things you love and the love will come back to you in many ways, such as a parnter

• Upvote 4

@EverlyWoods732

Yes... yeah.. like I think the best love is like you can Be anything and say anything and you're still accepted! Where people won't take your words and use them against you... Where even though you have the freedom to say anything and be anything you want, the last thing you ever want to do is to hurt the person you're with...

To me, real love is freedom in its purest form...

<3

I actually got super hurt by a friendship ending lately, it was someone who I had literally been friends with since birth. I have made mistakes in my life. I've made much more than just a few... But to me, when I'm a friend with someone, I will have their back, till the end, no matter what, unless my friend starts being mean to me or trying to restrict me in any way. 

Like, my friend could be like "I am going to kill this person" and I'd be like "What the hell did they do to hurt you?!" and then help them hide the body cause I'm sure it'd be a legit reason they'd have for wanting to kill them (lol, a bit extreme of an example but just saying, I'm that kind of friend).

My "friend" wasn't able to see past my mistakes. She did the thing that I swore I would never do to anyone else; she let my past define who I was. And it hurt so bad to literally be seen in the worst light possible...

She was, towards the end, very judgmental towards me. Harsh.

But even worse.. when she needed a friend, when she was at her lowest, I was there for her.

But when I needed a friend, when I was literally rock bottom, she kicked me and walked away.

And it hurt most, because it was a violation of everything I believed a friend should be.

I want friends who are gentle, understanding, and accepting

I know that it's for the best, to cut the crap out of my life. But it still hurts, and it's hard to remember sometimes that it wasn't really about me, it was about her inability to accept the imperfection within herself that made her reject me.

So yeah.. sorry for the rant. But I guess I have similar desires, but in a friendship...

• Upvote 2

I feel the same way about friendship as you @Tessa Rae. If your friend (guessing female) comes to you in some way indicating she has learned from her mistake maybe you will be able to forgive her. Otherwise you absolutely do the right thing to distance yourself. This came up in another thread. The value we place on relationships should not regularly exceed the value we place on our own bodies/minds/lives.

2 hours ago, Tessa Rae said:

I want friends who are gentle, understanding, and accepting

That is what friendship should be.

• Upvote 2