Inactive Account

Hey

15 posts in this topic

I am 33 and i like black nail polish. Some people (my parents) think it's starting to look childish, especially when my nails are very short. Wear black cherry right now... needed lighter color for summer. Also i shop at the junior departments. So, yeah... :D

• Upvote 6

I'd be interested. :)

I have a childhood need for unconditional acceptance. I feel like I will never be good enough; I have succumbed to believing that just because I have a different idea of what success looks like, I will be looked down upon by other people.

The high standards and demands that my parents pushed on me hurt me more in adulthood. It's like I have wounds all over me and every demand they hurled at me came crashing upon my skin like a whip.

Because no matter how good I was, it was never enough. After meeting one demand, there was another demand. And another. Endlessly. There was never enough.

And now I have been seriously struggling to see that I have any good at all. What is the point of me being alive, when I have nothing good to offer the world?

Edited by Tessa Rae
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tessa Rae said:

I'd be interested. :)

I have a childhood need for unconditional acceptance. I feel like I will never be good enough; I have succumbed to believing that just because I have a different idea of what success looks like, I will be looked down upon by other people.

The high standards and demands that my parents pushed on me hurt me more in adulthood. It's like I have wounds all over me and every demand they hurled at me came crashing upon my skin like a whip.

Because no matter how good I was, it was never enough. After meeting one demand, there was another demand. And another. Endlessly. There was never enough.

And now I have been seriously struggling to see that I have any good at all. What is the point of me being alive, when I have nothing good to offer the world?

that's mine too. like the real me isn't allowed because what I find important isn't a part of everyone else's "standards". shit blame the universe, I cant help it, all the standards do is make me hate me, doesn't help lol. and this place evolves way to slow, like snails.

Edited by Alex7
  • Upvote 1

All three of you have very valid points! the fact that our parents, or my parents in specifically believe that I should dress a certain way, go to school and get a job that would please them makes me think that their generaton will never heal. they cannot understand why I paint all morning, frolic in the woods, and wear what ever the hell I want; to do anything in my power to make my divine child happy!!!

I just moved to Georgia from California to live with my parents and go to school, which is loooong over due in their eyes. it is so hard living with emotionless unhappy people that I call my parents. i feel i am reliving my childhood, just begging for love, attention and approval. And being an extreme empath, im constantly battling waves of miserable emotions that aren't even my own! .....so much shadow work to do....

lets throw their standards out the window!!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, AllieRose said:

when you think of a child having fun, what do you picture? :) 

laughing and smiling over the small things. fun all day.

• Upvote 2

@Alex7 I imagine the same thing. i see kids everyday just looking at life with a smile. anything and everything is a toy or something cool to explore. they run and play silly games. they are happy little things haha

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, AllieRose said:

when you think of a child having fun, what do you picture? :) 

Exploring. Testing limits :D

• Upvote 2

On 15.08.2016 at 2:33 AM, Brandy Bailey said:

Does anyone have any childhood needs that they need to be met? If so, would you like to team up to meet our childhood needs? I'm not sure exactly how it works but I'm interested in seeing how this turns out.

This is a serious topic to me, so if your interested, I hope that you'd take it seriously too.

If you're interested, inbox me and or comment below, and I will contact you

Yes, I take this seriously too. I had this on my mind as a plan for a long time. A community where people meet each others' needs deliberately. 
So this is a baby step towards it :) It'll grow over time. 

I'm with you! You have my full support.

• Upvote 1

@Tessa Rae @Alex7 @AllieRose

I got the same "never good enough" thing. This however had nothing to do with us. Our parents or those around us the most growing up never felt good enough themselves so they could never give us that feeling of succuess or ackomplsiment.

Know that we were successful and ackomplished before their influence...meaning we still are. Clearing this conditioning is going to show that to you. Im in the process of doing just that. To show myself that i was worthy, successful and loved before i was conditioned to feel otherwise and that it is still there...it has always been there with me. Now to focus, encourage and support those aspects like i never felt before.

Now for the topic :P  about needs to be met. I have a need to be told genuinly that everything is ok...that i can let go of  the immense pressue i have to meet my needs on my own. That there are others who can and want to take some of that pressure off my back.

• Upvote 4

@Jerry Tyfting @Alex7 @AllieRose

Thank you... I needed to hear this.

I'm actually struggling with that too! :P I'll say it... everything is going to be ok. I am starting to realize too that I don't need to be everything. I'm just me! And that's good enough! You are enough! You are so much more, than what you've been told... <3 

I can tell that you care so much about other people... and that is going to be of a huge help in the coming years (speaking about the 'forest fire' Teal wrote about). Us sensitive people seem to really struggle with wanting to be alive in such a painful world, but I'm here to tell you that we all need each other, and even though I'm just an internet person I will catch you when you fall, in any way I possibly can.

STOP trying to be perfect! The more you try, the less you see that you are already whole.

IT'S OK TO FUCK UP! No matter how fucked up you have been in the past, love is still yours to have.

I've fucked up so much in the past, and after a certain point we just have to realize, that we all have our own ways of being imperfect, horrible people. ;) And it's ok!

This is a calling to start treating yourself like you treat other people... Maybe you trusted some people in the past who didn't treat you right based on who they thought you were. I'm here to remind you that that's not all you are... you are so much more.

Your past doesn't define you! 

LET GO! 

I love this song. I hope my words have encouraged you :)

• Upvote 3