mrt

retrieving memories

7 posts in this topic

Hey, I was just wondering - I can't get to the original memory of circumstances that may have caused trauma - the only thing I get are feelings. Except that nothing else is  really showing up  - I also heard that  without altering the memory i can't really, fully heal - what do I do? It's like I'm super stuck - because I want the memory to show up soooo badly and I don't and suddenly Im all like : that's it - i'm hopeless and completely powerless, nothing can help me.

What is Your experience with retrieving Your memories?

Occasionally when I'm not even doing any healing, I'm just going about my day - (when I release resistance haha) some memories, unrelated with what I was trying to heal earlier are showing up 

I'm super confused

As someone who doesn't remember the first 16 years of her life, I understand your pain. I would also love to retrieve more memories.

I think it's a myth that if you don't have a visual memory and only a feeling one you can't truly heal.

If that's what's coming up for you take care of it, do not just get frustrated and give up. Ger the feeling really clear, accept it for what it is, do not place conditions on what it is supposed to look like.

At the final steps of the completion process maybe visualize a golden light permeating the feeling.

I would also suggest getting a session with a practitioner, they're really good. 

• Upvote 2

Thanks a lot!! I'm still waiting for my copy of Completion Process though.. So could You please tell me if such visualization with golden light also helped You ?? Are these feelings and traumas coming back as charged as in the beggining?

Teal writes in her book that sometimes no memories will come up at all and will never come up. Feelings are also some kind of memory! So it can be that only the feeling needs to be integrated. Especially when it's about emotions like grief, this is likely to happen.

But you will be able to read about just this case, as soon as you get the book ;-) starting at page 100 or so..

• Upvote 2

@mrt, to add to the great suggestions already presented:

Here is what Teal suggests on page 102:
"We might try to go looking for the memory mentally, but doing it this way, we tend to get ourselves off track. Instead, I recommend that you learn to take a backseat and treat the inside of your body as if it were a movie screen. Simply wait, watch, and feel for what shows up on its own... Work with whatever comes up, even if it is not what you expected.  Trust that your being knows what needs integration, and be open to surprises."

Page 103:
"We need to remind ourselves that if no memory comes up, that's OK too.  We are doing enough just by being present with ourselves and by offering our being the opportunity to re-integrate in whatever way possible."

CP is rebirth.  And like any other birth, the process will take its natural course in its natural time.  We cannot force the process.  So, learn to relax and allow the process to unfold for you naturally.

• Upvote 2

Thanks a lot everyone, I wasn't able to read the book yet, I think bookdepository.com has lost my order in transit, I've been waiting for my copy for a month now  so thank you so much for help! 

21 minutes ago, mrt said:

Thanks a lot everyone, I wasn't able to read the book yet, I think bookdepository.com has lost my order in transit, I've been waiting for my copy for a month now  so thank you so much for help! 

While you are waiting for your book, please don't hesitate to ask for help. :)