Sign in to follow this  
nuia

Posting Rules

7 posts in this topic

Hello Beautiful people,

I'm writing to express the major resistance I have, to the new posting rules on this forum. For some reason, when ever I see rules, I feel as though I have been put in a cage. I feel as though I am now walking down a one way street with others, maybe I want to swim, maybe I want to walk sideways down the alley, I feel limited, as though your trying to stuff a rainbow in a sock, I'm not being heard, I am alone - and there is my core shadow belief. I feel real sadness. I'm literally crying. Why does this hurt me so much?

• Upvote 1

Only you can answer that for yourself babe! Focus on that feeling/thought and listen to what it's telling you. What information does this give you? Maybe you can answer these questions for yourself. Also, Teal's "Feeling Process" video might help you.

What feeling do you associate with rules?

What is that feeling like?

What is it telling you that you actually want?

I don't have a lot of experience with shadow work, so these are just questions to help you start out. But I think sitting with your emotions, asking yourself questions, and Teal's videos will help you.

Good luck love!

• Upvote 1

how do you feel about rules in general? I didn't actually see the new rules, I just agreed but didn't actually read it. if i cant swear then ill break that rule in the future, but i don't hurt anyone.

Edited by Alex7
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Kikipocodot said:

Only you can answer that for yourself babe! Focus on that feeling/thought and listen to what it's telling you. What information does this give you? Maybe you can answer these questions for yourself. Also, Teal's "Feeling Process" video might help you.

What feeling do you associate with rules?

What is that feeling like?

What is it telling you that you actually want?

I don't have a lot of experience with shadow work, so these are just questions to help you start out. But I think sitting with your emotions, asking yourself questions, and Teal's videos will help you.

Good luck love!

Thanks for your lovely comment. At the time I posted this, I literally felt like a child having a tantrum. I associate rules with freedom. What I want is freedom to express myself. When I thought about the first time I felt these feelings, I was taken back to multiple times of me alone crying and no one coming to console me. I would cry myself to sleep, and wake up in exactly the same place, alone ( my parents were jerks). I did spend all of yesterday, visiting these crying children in my past, trying to make them feel better.

19 hours ago, Alex7 said:

how do you feel about rules in general? I didn't actually see the new rules, I just agreed but didn't actually read it. if i cant swear then ill break that rule in the future, but i don't hurt anyone.

What's funny is I'm pretty law abiding, but I honestly cuss a lot in everyday life. The notice of rules triggered me, because I added painful meaning to them. I still think it sucks.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Atom said:

Find the positive in the negative. Always focus on the positive.

I guess the positive is, that this caused me to acknowledge the pain, I had in my past and I am so grateful for this awareness. I'm also grateful that this experience has caused me to shift my perspective. The positive for the forum, is that people can feel safe to post. The overall vibration of the forum, is a positive one of inspiration, where one can feel empowered.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nuia said:

I guess the positive is, that this caused me to acknowledge the pain, I had in my past and I am so grateful for this awareness. I'm also grateful that this experience has caused me to shift my perspective. The positive for the forum, is that people can feel safe to post. The overall vibration of the forum, is a positive one of inspiration, where one can feel empowered.

Yes. You must accept the negative to transcend it.

• Upvote 1