Melo

How to strengthen the masculine in Me

20 posts in this topic

Weird question, I know a few intuitive people and they all say the same about me that I am very "sensitive" and "empathetic" my ying and yang levels are not balanced and my feminine is too dominant in me I've been told. In high school that wasn't the case, I was very overt, dominant, out spoken, I always spoke up for myself. Now I'm very quiet, passive, almost "weak" if you will. How do I strengthen this quality in me? I've been told to meditate on my lower dantian and that it would help with that, is that true and do you guys have any suggestions, links, vids? Thanks! =]

Teal Swans video on the masculine will help, you see, divine feminine has qualities which all women can adopt, whereas divine masculine has different qualities from different men if they are awake and wish to tap into it. The basic ones we share are forward progression, confidence, action, drive, but for instance, towards our partner or a girl, one person may not wish to open doors for women, but me for instance, I love to open doors for women, but the person who does not, will express his divine masculine energy in other ways towards women that of course is in true alignment. A book I read Teal recommended is fantastic for the divine masculine it was incredible, its called, 'the magician, the king, the warrior, the lover', (I'm not sure of this is the right way hah) but definitely read that, it helped me a lot last year to know more about in alignment men, and that book is about the different aspects of masculinity, so a warrior will always protect people he loves, if he has to fight it will be to protect (like self defense, a last resort), a lover will be gentle, vulnerable, soft to their partner, a king will have no fear, a essentially a leader, and the aspects which go with that are confidence, action etc. I don't think it matters whether they are balanced but as long as you are aware they are not but consciously choose to use more energy from a specific one (either masculine or feminine ) that helps you feel better.

• Upvote 2

@Madridx your masculinity depends a lot on the women that you surround yourself with.

If you're mostly around strong women  (man like) than yes, you'll slowly start loosing your masculine.

Are you in a relationship? If yes, help your partner feel more feminine! This will naturally gravitate you towards expressing your masculine :)  

4 hours ago, Madridx said:

I know a few intuitive people and they all say the same about me that I am very "sensitive" and "empathetic" my ying and yang levels are not balanced and my feminine is too dominant in me I've been told. 

Being sensitive or empathetic means you can relate to other people's feelings. It doesn't make you less of a man. It makes you more of a human.

4 hours ago, Madridx said:

Now I'm very quiet, passive, almost "weak" if you will. How do I strengthen this quality in me? 

Through actions.  Being around men that you find inspiring. 

I think exercise/ sport  is a good start. It will boost your confidence and help you feel stronger.

• Upvote 5

Clarity is one part of this. Knowing your wants and intentions to then with determination go for it no matter how many times you might stumble along the way. To allow yourself to make mistakes and to validate that its ok to do mistakes and learn from them. Self reflection to self actualize yourself is a good practice too. To reflect over your life using your intelligence and logic to figure your life out, past present and future.
Having a clear goal or a hobby to progress in can also help in forward movement. 

• Upvote 1

Hey I'm going through something similar I hope this isn't hijacking the thread. This is hard for me to post on a public forum weeew wow okay so I watched Teal Swans video yesterday in the Divine Masculine and it triggered a lot of feelings. I sat with them for hours seeing if the problem would reveal itself. It might be because there is aspects of me I don't like that I have suppressed especially during my teen years when I tried to be attracted to the opposite gender. I was apprehensive in watching the video again but I realize a problem is there for our expansion. The same feelings are coming up as I watch and I don't know what they are or why.

52 minutes ago, Just Being said:

Hey I'm going through something similar I hope this isn't hijacking the thread. This is hard for me to post on a public forum weeew wow okay so I watched Teal Swans video yesterday in the Divine Masculine and it triggered a lot of feelings. I sat with them for hours seeing if the problem would reveal itself. It might be because there is aspects of me I don't like that I have suppressed especially during my teen years when I tried to be attracted to the opposite gender. I was apprehensive in watching the video again but I realize a problem is there for our expansion. The same feelings are coming up as I watch and I don't know what they are or why.

hmm, well I did have a similar process in which the feelings were not coming up but the day after teal released her latest interview with Julien Blanc, and she basically does shadow work on him and it worked for me, its an easy one but when u figure it out the feelinsg come up and you have to dive deep. Its basically what movie character you always thought u were as a kid, and the shadow sides of that, the dark side of that basically. there are many techniques regarding shadow work, such as negative core beleiefs, asking yourself different questions, check her video out on shadow work. The movie thing worked for me because I loved movies when I was a kid and a very speicifc character, that being Anakin skywalker, if that doesn't work try other shadow stuff, then sit with those feelings and ask when was the first time I felt this way or when was the first time I learnt this was not ok to experience.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Damon is Awesome said:

hmm, well I did have a similar process in which the feelings were not coming up but the day after teal released her latest interview with Julien Blanc, and she basically does shadow work on him and it worked for me, its an easy one but when u figure it out the feelinsg come up and you have to dive deep. Its basically what movie character you always thought u were as a kid, and the shadow sides of that, the dark side of that basically. there are many techniques regarding shadow work, such as negative core beleiefs, asking yourself different questions, check her video out on shadow work. The movie thing worked for me because I loved movies when I was a kid and a very speicifc character, that being Anakin skywalker, if that doesn't work try other shadow stuff, then sit with those feelings and ask when was the first time I felt this way or when was the first time I learnt this was not ok to experience.

Thank you for this, I watched the video you suggested and rewatched the divine masculine video again and feel lighter.

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 2:10 PM, Garnet said:

@Madridx Being sensitive or empathetic means you can relate to other people's feelings. It doesn't make you less of a man. It makes you more of a human.

This is the problem I had with this whole "divine" masculine thing...  At some point I had to take a step back and ask myself, "Where does the Id, Ego and Super-ego come into play"? These unreal ideas about divinity and gender really beg the question, "What does it mean to be human, first".  Then there's the whole Shadow Masculine/Feminine...  Everyone talks about Toxic masculinity but I feel like it's something much deeper .

Shiva-Shakti-Ardhnarishwra1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Each human is a combination of masculine/positive and feminine/negative energy which is derived from neutral energy.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Croesus said:

Everyone talks about Toxic masculinity but I feel like it's something much deeper .

It is toxic when a man becomes an asshole and uses his masculinity to dominate another human in disrespectful ways against his/ her will

The same applies to women.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Garnet said:

It is toxic when a man becomes an asshole and uses his masculinity to dominate another human in disrespectful ways against his/ her will

Yes that is very true because it really comes from powerlessness, "that's how it starts, the feeling of rage of powerlessness, that turns good men,  cruel." -Alfred from batman vs superman even though it was a shit film the quote is valid

From reading your comment I would say that you have become awakened from your spiritual enlightenment and instead of doing what you did at high school and suppressing your real self to  be the person you should be, your mind and body is trying to be exactly who it is. Learn to realise that the masculine and feminine are what makes ONENESS so each of us is part masculine and feminine. Just because you have the male physical you may have the feminine intuition and in your wholeness the feminine may be the dominant part.  HOWEVER  all of this being said, you appear to describe passive, quiet and shy to be weaknesses?? They are character traits that you have become because they benefit you... And further more you appear to attach these weaknesses to being female?? I would suggest getting to know yourself, spending time with you and  give rise to the positive aspects of everything you are. Even if it does go against everyone around you. ( easier said than done I know I should probably take this advice )

Peace and love

• Upvote 1

On 8/19/2016 at 5:43 PM, Croesus said:

Then there's the whole Shadow Masculine/Feminine...  Everyone talks about Toxic masculinity but I feel like it's something much deeper .

Haven't seen the whole movie, so i don't know the end. But in this short video is a stellar  example of toxic masculine and feminine. I can also see some other issues there, but i am just going to leave it as is.

• Downvote 1

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 11:31 AM, Garnet said:

It's a slippery slope... I know. :)

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 3:56 PM, Atom said:

Each human is a combination of masculine/positive and feminine/negative energy which is derived from neutral energy.

At what point generating from source energy does the energy split?  Is it induced by hormonal or societal influences?