Britta

Law of attraction and past thoughts

7 posts in this topic

I have been learning more and more about the law of attraction lately. It's not a new concept to me, as I learned about it years ago. However, up until this point I never studied it fully. Vibrational matches make sense to me, however my question is how do past thoughts / timelines play into the law of attraction? For example, let's say 3 years ago I was very doubtful about something I wanted to come into my life and being negative about it, 3 years later let's say I still want the same thing in my life but I'm being positive about it. So is the vibrational match going to be based on my thoughts from 3 years ago or thoughts now? Let me know if I don't make sense.

if there's resistance it probably won't manifest, if you wrote a list 3 years ago of what you wanted to manifest I bet it would be crossed off 3 years later, unless you are resisting it or something is blocking it, you'd have to ask yourself for that one, why is it not happening and if the answer is doable but terrifying, then until you can do the terrifying thing it probably wont change.

48 minutes ago, Britta said:

I have been learning more and more about the law of attraction lately. It's not a new concept to me, as I learned about it years ago. However, up until this point I never studied it fully. Vibrational matches make sense to me, however my question is how do past thoughts / timelines play into the law of attraction? For example, let's say 3 years ago I was very doubtful about something I wanted to come into my life and being negative about it, 3 years later let's say I still want the same thing in my life but I'm being positive about it. So is the vibrational match going to be based on my thoughts from 3 years ago or thoughts now? Let me know if I don't make sense.

@Britta In my opinion and from what I have gathered  there is no past, and future; everything exists right here and now; this is the only moment that exists and the past and future all lies here in the 'now' therefore what matters is your consciousness according to your consciousness you choose. If that old vibration is still current in your subconscious mind you will attract that now however it has to be tapped into which means you should have that vibration in you now. 

A friend once told me that positive thoughts have more "power" or energy than the negative ones.  Maybe she just said this to help rid my fears but it did help me focus more on the positive and actually believe that they can happen. Plus isn't believing in them 10 steps closer to achieving them? 

Laws of attraction can be overwhelming for me at times. I am personally practicing picturing what I want in my future, setting a goal, then letting it go in hopes that the universe will work it's magic. Letting the fears go is the tricky part lol

9 hours ago, joneziii said:

A friend once told me that positive thoughts have more "power" or energy than the negative ones.  Maybe she just said this to help rid my fears but it did help me focus more on the positive and actually believe that they can happen. Plus isn't believing in them 10 steps closer to achieving them? 

Laws of attraction can be overwhelming for me at times. I am personally practicing picturing what I want in my future, setting a goal, then letting it go in hopes that the universe will work it's magic. Letting the fears go is the tricky part lol

Yes positive feelings eradicate the thoughts of 'negative emotions', this literally happened to me a few weeks ago, when my mom was angry at me and my sister, she did not emotionally acre for my sister so I stepped up, and of course anger arises as a result of not wanting to feel powerless which is what my mom has never wanted to feel really, so for about 2 hours in the evening I was thinking about confronting both my parents AGAIN with teals videos on parenting, as I already did this a couple of years ago to show them what they and been doing to me, anyway, I carried on thinking like this for about three hours as soon as I woke up and in my thoughts I was angry at them for hurting my little sister emotionally. But, I, just suddenly came to the realisation that if I was going to do it, I would need to come to a place of love, so I worked through my emotions and felt love straight from my heart and guess what? when my mom came back from work I expected her to be angry but she was not, instead, she was smiling as if not wanting to be angry at me or my sister. I didn't even need to confront them, my one feeling of love completely changed the potential of an angry confrontation. Love truly is the greatest power in the universe.

Your thoughts from three years ago are just energy existing somewhere in the universe, but one truth could be they don't exist as there is only the NOW, which is how we create from the NOW, if you change your thoughts but back them up with feelings of love, you would literally change your future to one you want, I gave an example as a reply up above on the thread, but mo they have no effect, even if you wanted something and you change the desire, because the universe is smart, it knows us better than we know ourselves as humans from this perspective, and it created everything so I'm guessing its the smartest thing anywhere haha, but the good thing is from our perspective we tell the universe what we want, so its like the genie off of Alladin

• Upvote 1

What I have come to determine is that there is much more to really getting this law of attraction thing than just thinking positive thoughts.  It's about your total, overall feelings about the thing you are manifesting... your vibration about it, which may or may not be affected by just thinking positive thoughts.  Some people can get so depressed that saying a positive thought does nothing to change their vibration (make them feel happier), for someone like that, daily positive affirmations, for example, may not even help... they need a whole attitude transformation... It is more about your attitude than saying positive things... you have to believe it is possible and that you deserve it and can have it...if you need to do shadow work to get to this level of self love than you need to do shadow work (saying positive thoughts won't be enough).

You cannot have any resistance to what you want to manifest.  Resistance can mean you are really afraid of it, don't think you deserve it, think you can't handle it, etc.. emotional blocks which we develop largely in childhood.  If you have these you need to do shadow work to remove them...

You also cannot be attached to the outcome of what you want, so although you are desiring something for the outcome, you are best off to start realizing that you don't need any particular outcomes to be happy and feel content.  You don't need to put your happiness in anything external.  So you ask for something and then let the desire go and don't worry about the outcome.  When you ask for something because you feel it's a need, that is a feeling of lack.  When the universe hears a feeling of lack, it answers you with more lack (you don't get what you want).  You have to ask from a place of contentment and abundance (already feeling like you have abundance).  So you have to feel content with what you have and feel grateful for it.   The wording is important too.  You cannot ask from a place of lack, you can't say "I want to have" because that tells the universe you don't have it and the universe matches your vibe of not having it with more of not having it...

You have to word it like "I am so grateful that I already have...".  You cannot say what you want like it's in the future... "I would like to have", you have to say things like you already have them... this is all about the universe matching your vibe/ so if you talk about something being in the future, the universe hears that you don't have it. 

This is what I've gathered so far... I don't think timelines matter as far as what's in the past... you can change your vibe by realizing a few things.  I began to change my perceptions about things, since I couldn't change situations or facts, I change my perception of them, I look at things from outside the box.  Instead of being upset about something I find the good part in it, I change how I look at it... when I started doing this I stopped getting depressed, even if I get depressed for a moment I can lift myself right out of it just by saying 1 sentence that's positive.  Also I am trying to change how I speak.  The way I spoke used to reflect my victim mentality and my feelings of enslavement.  I try not to say "I have to" , I say "I am choosing to at this moment because..."....  This is all working towards changing my vibration.  And it is working, stuff that a year ago would have devastated me now just roles off my back and I have learned to really trust the universe.

• Upvote 1