Garnet

Stupid Vet care requirements

11 posts in this topic

If you have a dog or a cat then you probably know that if your pets need medical care they are required to be vaccinated. Otherwise  it's  very hard to find a doctor who will provide care without pushing the vaccine. 

The bad part if you have missed annual rabies vaccine and your pet needs a doctor, you can't get the care before they do the vaccine. But at the same time it is common knowledge (and i was told this by the vet too) that this vaccine is never a guarantee and just like any other vaccine drastically suppresses the immune system, especially  at the time  when given. So, to force a vaccine when a pet is sick does not make sense to me!

Could you please share how often you vaccinate your pets (if you vaccinate at all) and how do you handle situations when you've missed a vaccine  and your pet is sick.

Much Love ❤

Vaccination of animals  would be the same as that of humans. Do wild animals get vaccinated?  These rules that society puts on us are not serving us well at all. We have been getting yearly shots for Parvo and Heartworm for our dog Marmaduke. We will no longer be doing this. I read that animals too are going through the awakening process , which would explain why he has been behaving strangely . I would not worry , but if you beloved pet requires help then you could talk with your vet , they are mostly very compassionate. Hope  that helps , be gentle to one another , even animals.old mate.jpg

Edited by Craig
  • Upvote 2

Hi Garnet, it is an old post but I am also strugling with vet care for about 5 months. I research almost everyday and I resonate with dr becker a lot. Here is what she shares : 

• Upvote 1

I try to vaccinate my pets when I have money, they are healthy and the weather is fine. Having a local pet shop or feed store owner who can point you toward meds that can be used without resorting to a vet visit can help avoid some of the expense. Some pet shop have vaccination clinics that are less expensive as well.

Yes :( and I am really concerned about the hygene in vet clinics (I freak out each time). Before getting any treatment I first want blood tests to see whether his organs are safe. Stool tests are done. Then I ask for the treatment and do my own reserch afterwards, read papers related with the treatment. I also ask other vets for second opinion. I am extra sensitive about this since ı have a history of wrong treatment.  ... :/  what happened  Garnet?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, duygu_s said:

I am extra sensitive about this since ı have a history of wrong treatment.  ... :/  what happened  Garnet?

yes, exactly... 

My cat keeps having different  skin problems from time to time like acne or weird looking spots. Scratches do not heal as fast as on my other cat... I know that his immunity is not as strong as it suppose to be, although he's never had serious flea problems.. maybe 3-4 gets  lost in his thick coat   .  He was raised by other people on dry kibble only (the cheapest crap in the stores). I remember my first time offering him some fresh wet food - he gave me that look "wtf is that?" and did not touch. Can you believe that? Turned out he loooooves different veggies! can't keep his nose off my salad, lol. 

He has been an indoor kitty now for 2 months. Eats only at home. Yay! finally i don't have to worry about him eating dog food at the neighbor's place... well, you probably know how cats are if they have nutrition problem....  He started eating cooked chicken food with no additives. But since it took him so long to transition, he had a kidney stone.... 

On 8/13/2016 at 0:47 PM, Garnet said:

If you have a dog or a cat then you probably know that if your pets need medical care they are required to be vaccinated. Otherwise  it's  very hard to find a doctor who will provide care without pushing the vaccine. 

The bad part if you have missed annual rabies vaccine and your pet needs a doctor, you can't get the care before they do the vaccine. But at the same time it is common knowledge (and i was told this by the vet too) that this vaccine is never a guarantee and just like any other vaccine drastically suppresses the immune system, especially  at the time  when given. So, to force a vaccine when a pet is sick does not make sense to me!

Could you please share how often you vaccinate your pets (if you vaccinate at all) and how do you handle situations when you've missed a vaccine  and your pet is sick.

Much Love ❤

I have a girlfriend do it for me. She's so sweet and loves ALL animals xD

It  is really hard to watch them when they are sick. I am not as alarmed when I am sick because I know and can feel the cure. What did the vet say about his skin problem? It can also be related with food sesitivity. Mine does not do well with chicken and rice (rice caused skin and fur problems). Actually they should not be getting carbonhydrates from grains or legumes unless they are sick and not able to digest protein completely. However, all kibble food come with a binder of that kind and there are lots of vets around here strictly supporting kibble food as they look balanced. Best is balanced raw food says Dr. Becker and lots of other owners with experience. I cannot directly go to raw (due to parasite issues) but I am trying to transition him into a balanced cooked meal and balanced treats. I am looking into recepies (Becker has a book and a free treats pdf, there are also sites). Here is one more video about food:

She has lots of other videos too. May be you can find what you are looking for? She also has a video about kidney problems. If you have a chance a holistic vet might be a good option. Other than that they are lucky to be able to go out :) I cannot risk mine to go out, the other stray cuties or cars surely harm him.  I am trying my best to be a good friend of his :) I want them to vibrantly and happily survive. Hope your baby gets well really soon, I  think he is lucky to have you as a loving support. 

@duygu_s thank you so much for your reply! Yes, it is food sensitivity. My kitty is better now and less fussy about food (had to put him through fasting). Yes, you're right about carbohydrates. It took him baby steps but now he's mostly on soft cooked chicken from the cold pet section i found in the store. I add greens daily. Actually this is how i transitioned him - i sprinkle kale on everything! Unfortunately  he still turns his nose away from raw meat... he tries it but then goes back to the  food cabinet and tries to open it, lol. Thankfully, i don't have this problem with my second kitty - she grew up wild and loves  to catch her own food.

• Upvote 1