ashley_kumar

Random Acne: How to heal?

14 posts in this topic

Hey all! 

I've been stuck in a rut lately as to how to cope with recurrent bouts of acne. I am no longer a teenager, I am vegetarian, kicked out dairy, etc. but nothing seems to help the random flare ups. I will have pretty good skin for a good few months and then BAM! huge zits cropping out of no where. I've watched Teal's video and implemented lots of information from it, but I still can't seem to get over this last hump towards clear skin.  It seems to have started sometime after 2013 or 14 where I  just had the worst skin of my life and struggled with my image and felt like I was in constant fight or flight every time someone looked at me. It's definitely much better now, but I would love to hear what you all have been doing or have done. Have you all been experiencing this lately? Is this a purging process? (spiritually, physically, emotionally, etc.) What can I do to help my body out? Please feel free to share your experiences, tips, tricks, meditations, food advice,etc. I would REALLY appreciate it! 

• Upvote 1

What are using for your skin? Yes, food choices are important, but so does the external care.

I know there is tons of information about natural skin care out there. Try to keep it simple. You probably know about coconut oil. It does work!

Honey mask does wonders. Heals and nourishes.

• Upvote 2

@Garnet I use an organic papaya soap that works well for me, witch hazel and different facial oils. I've heard about coconut oil being great, but for some reason I gag anytime I smell coconut, not a fan :shudder.001: I'll try an give it a go though!  I've become such a nut about the ingredients in my skin care that I'm hyper vigilant about my whole routine!   In regards to foods, other than the obvious leafy greens, lots of fruits, water, etc. are there certain foods that I should be avoiding or on the flip side getting more intake of? 

@Amit  I will definitely have to add that to my list to try! In regards to the mention about unhealthy boundaries, could you elaborate on that? I'm not quite sure I've heard that before! 

Thank you both for your replies! I greatly appreciate it

Thats what teal said in her health video. When i process that hint i found its correct in my opinion. Unhealthy boundaries means our skin which separates our body has been violated by some non physical aspect, which our body doesnt want and starts removing it by attacking it by white cells n in turn we get acne. If we are radiating, lets say with happy feeling and love we are not receiving so pores open. When we are receiving thats undesirable body attacks it. In unhealthy boundaries this happens if you think on it. Choose desired people around you....that would one imp for the list

13 hours ago, ashley_kumar said:

are there certain foods that I should be avoiding or on the flip side getting more intake of? 

Sugar and bread (unless you make your own or buy organic):)

Tbh honest I've never really felt that food affected my skin that much. For the most part of my life i've always enjoyed food choices i was making. Except  when i was eating too much fast food and i knew it wasn't healthy , lol  No, i don't eat this way now but it's because my knowledge and awareness about it has changed and i also have more love and respect for myself. So, with my new mindset i just choose everything differently. My skin today looks better than 5 years ago as a result. 

My main problems that i used to have looked more like an allergic reaction to the products i was using on my face and body (shampoo!) .

Definitely get at least 30 min of sunlight every day!

Hi! I can totally relate! I´ve been suffering from acne for many years and tried many different diets, supplements, skin care products (drugstore, all natural, from pharmacy...) and nothing seemed to help long term. About 2 months ago I decided to try a different approach and completely stopped reseaching acne and trying out new products. I am a vegetarian as well and avoid dairy as much as I can. I also started to use fewer skin care products and my skin is now clearer than ever. (I wash my face twice a day with a very mild all natural foam cleanser and moisturize my skin only in the morning. No night Cream.)

I think what has helped the most was focusing less on the acne. If you think about acne 24/7, you´ll just manifest more of it. I was obsessed with my skin for years and felt super frustrated because nothing seemed to help. Only when I relaxed and let my body heal at its own pace I could see a huge improvement.

19 minutes ago, Silvia said:

I think what has helped the most was focusing less on the acne. If you think about acne 24/7, you´ll just manifest more of it. 

100% agree! 

I always focus on health instead :)

• Upvote 1

Try exfoliating your skin everyday before you shower with natural sea salt. The sea salt kills bacteria and any infection, including acne.

From my experience though, I find diet plays the biggest role. Try to really limit the toxins you put inside yourself (alcohol, meat, gluten, etc.) and try to consume more fruits and veggies, preferably raw. I found that by consuming a more "clean" diet, my skin became more "clean."

If you are having trouble not focusing on your acne, you can always wear makeup. Someone on here is probably going to yell at me telling me that perpetuates the problem, but this is still a vibrational universe. If you can take action steps that are pro-active (sorry, couldn't resist the pun :P) then that can be enough to change your vibration. You may find that the acne goes away faster by virtue of wearing makeup since you won't feel so insecure, focused, worried, etc. about it.

• Upvote 1

@Garnet Yea, I don't feel like my skin freaks out with my diet, but then again I rarely eat unhealthy foods so I guess once in a while isn't enough to see a difference in my skin. Getting a good amount of sunlight is so hard because I live in a cold climate, but I will try my best and see if that works out! 

@Silvia That's definitely true because after going through so many ups and downs with my skin, now that I have sort of "given up" in terms of caring others perceive me and not nitpicking at everything I see in the mirror, it seems to have gone away. The only problem is even if I so much as notice a pore, the next day I will breakout. It doesn't help that my brain notices this and keeps wondering about it which makes it worse, lol! I will definitely try to destress more though, you definitely have a point! Thank you! 

@InvertedSeal I've been a vegetarian all my life so the only thing I know is cooked veggies, but lately I've been thinking about transitioning to raw veggies so I think I'll give that a go! I wear powder foundation so you've got me on that one and I think it really has made a great difference in my vibration. The only anomaly is that my face is completely clear for let's say two months and then one day out of no where I'll get two zits ( I obviously know this isn't horrible, but it's enough to make me step back and think "what the heck?"). I'll have stuck to the same skin care routine (super diligent about getting the light amount of makeup I have on and/or cleansing and moisturizing), still wear makeup, done everything the same as I had been doing all along and then randomly one day breakout. So I guess my issue isn't acne that's there constantly and can't get rid of, it's the fact that my face is clear for months and then it'll breakout, then get clear for a few more months then breakout out again. It's super hard to pinpoint what's up since I've been super diligent about everything! O.o I really appreciate your advice, I'll definitely give much of what you suggested a go! 

I've had acne since I was about 11, I'm now 21 and a vegetarian, and still no change. There are only two things I've found that work for me.

1. Antibiotics that destroy my good bacteria and have unpleasant side effects

2. Visualizing clear skin. It is literally the only other thing that has ever worked for me. However, I often visualize clear skin for about a week, enjoy my flawless skin for about a month, and then get lazy and revert back to pimply vibrations.

I recommend you visualize daily, even for just a minute, for an entire month. It would create long term effects in your subconscious mind, and therefore your life :)

• Upvote 1

@jessc I have heard about that a while ago and I was starting to do it off and on and maybe that's what's up with these weird breakout cycles of clear and non-clear skin! *sigh, I'm going to have to be more diligent with visualizing from now on lol. Thank you for your advice! 

On 8/14/2016 at 1:31 AM, ashley_kumar said:

@Garnet I use an organic papaya soap that works well for me, witch hazel and different facial oils. I've heard about coconut oil being great, but for some reason I gag anytime I smell coconut, not a fan :shudder.001: I'll try an give it a go though!  

I rarely use soap on my face. I like oil cleansing method. In the morning i like using something like oatmeal, honey or sour cream, or i just rinse rinse my face with cold water and a little bit of vegetable glycerin :)  Witch hazel is wonderful but i prefer to rinse it off too. Try lemon water rinse - skin needs vitamin C boost too!

Not all coconut oils are the same. I like Nutiva. Out of all the oils i find this one the best.  I can eat it with a spoon.

Have you tried baking soda as your scrub? Very gentle and helps with ph balance. Always rinse with cold water to close your pores and apply good oil afterwards! I like avocado/ avocado oil. 

If you have scars try shea butter infused with frankensense and myrrh. You might find the smell too strong for you. But i guarantee it will help. Oh, and it repels mosquitos :D

If you have oily skin, Jojoba oil is great. After regular use, it tells your skin that you don't need extra oil, therefore your skin stops producing oil. Note: If you have combination skin, this can make your dry patches super dry (and painful, that's why I don't use it personally). When I get pimples on my chin area, it's a sign that my gut health is not good, usually because I have indulged in too much gluten/wheat. You don't have to cut out wheat completely, just eat as much as your stomach can digest (if only it were that easy), within two hours, food should move from the stomach bag, if it doesn't, that food is not good for your system.