Guest amy f

Identity crisis and finding my self

8 posts in this topic

Guest amy f

For a while now I have had no idea who the hell I am and it does not make life so enjoyable because "I" feel like without knowing who I am I don't have anything to give yet, I feel like I am existing but not living. It's like, all this time there's been something here, moving this body and talking but there's no one actually here. There's no name for this self. And I think I've read or heard that this can be good for detaching from things in life, but I feel completely lost.there are times when this feels peaceful and I feel at peace with not having an identity but I don't know what I have, that I "individually" can give to this world. I understand oneness and so "I" am an I without an I. There is a presence here, I am that presence but this presence is wanting to experience human reality. But without identifying with anything, it feels impossible to function in this world that is all about identity. I don't know if this is positive or negative but all I really want to know is how i can find what it is I am here to express and create. i don't really have strong desires, the only thing I truly want is peace. Internally and externally but I find that is going to be difficult with what is to come in the near future

I feel exactly the same way. Im trying to approach this by trying to see the beauty in everything, even if its something that would have no meaning to you try to love it, and i seriously mean try to love it dont just pretend when you manage that you will see that you will feel alot better. Or another approach would be try loving every single part of your body i would start with the heart just try to love it you should watch teals video on how to connect with the heart.
What i have recently been doing is going out jogging into nature especially after a long meditation like 45 min i could see the beauty of the nature and with that i could kinda feel the power of the universe or maybe source flooding trough me and everything was just beautiful. Maybe the purpose of people like us is just to find the beauty in things. I hope i interpreted your problem right and could help you !

• Upvote 2

I also feel sometimes like my body isn't my body and that I'm just stuck in here. It's like I'm floating through life in a prison vessel. The only thing that I can call my identity is my music because I love writing and making music. I don't really have anything else that connects me to this world on a material level although I would like to be more connected. They say that its good for your soul to spend time alone but I'm always by myself and I think that being alone all these years has caused me to lose my identity and my connection to this world because I don't interact with people.

• Upvote 1

On 8/12/2016 at 1:47 AM, amy f said:

I feel like I am existing but not living.  

I don't know what I have, that I "individually" can give to this world.

But without identifying with anything, it feels impossible to function in this world that is all about identity. 

You feel useless. Correct?

I think many people feel the same way, even though they might not tell. 

I'll just be honest with you, and not cheer you up. 

I know, it sucks to not know what to do with yourself and not be able to offer something to this world. It'd be so nice to give something from what comes naturally to you, and be a benefit without trying hard. Trying to look for that thing, or who you are at your core, hasn't worked yet, and you might be losing hope.

I can relate to you. I'm not okay with just breathing on earth. It feels like there's no meaning to anything.. 

Edited by Elif
  • Upvote 2

On 12/08/2016 at 1:47 AM, amy f said:

For a while now I have had no idea who the hell I am and it does not make life so enjoyable because "I" feel like without knowing who I am I don't have anything to give yet, I feel like I am existing but not living. It's like, all this time there's been something here, moving this body and talking but there's no one actually here. There's no name for this self. And I think I've read or heard that this can be good for detaching from things in life, but I feel completely lost.there are times when this feels peaceful and I feel at peace with not having an identity but I don't know what I have, that I "individually" can give to this world. I understand oneness and so "I" am an I without an I. There is a presence here, I am that presence but this presence is wanting to experience human reality. But without identifying with anything, it feels impossible to function in this world that is all about identity. I don't know if this is positive or negative but all I really want to know is how i can find what it is I am here to express and create. i don't really have strong desires, the only thing I truly want is peace. Internally and externally but I find that is going to be difficult with what is to come in the near future

Dear Amy, its okay to feel like this. Everyone feels the same way. Some feel it all the time due to lack of experience or inertia to exposure. Some feel it at times...back n forth. I normally experience the events or people and then reflect when in isolation. You may be reflecting more. Please force yourself outwards and towards experience. If possible share it here...world needs you n you need the world. Use this point in shadow work when i say 'you are a loner'. I hope you have read it well about shadow work

• Upvote 1

Welcome to the road of self discovery, there are many hands to help you up to where you want go there are hands that pull you down to learn through experience, I had to go through insanity to learn who I was and it was teals hand that gave me the first hand up and I kept going up from there, you'll figure it out lol no worries

• Upvote 1

I had a idea, I am to make life enjoyable "I know who I am to give , I am existing all the time , moving this body and talking, this self is good, in life, I completely feel peace, having an identity I know I can give to this world. I oneness "I" am an I with I. There is a presence , I am that presence wanting to experience human reality. this world I know it is positive , I am here to express and create. I have strong desires, I want peace Internally and externally, I am going to be

I took out all negitivity and questioning, in the end you said this :) enjoy