Steelerfan

Codependets attract addicts

5 posts in this topic

Eveyone andbI do mean everyone in my life is an addict (alcohol, drugs, gambling) or self absorbed....Coming out of a place of codependency, yet everyone I meet is addicted...can I meet any who dont have those issues?  (Attachment disorxer crom mom who was an alcoholic).

I express everything and I'm not addicted to anything really. if you hold stuff in you go numb and use the addiction as the distraction, when you don't have the distraction you have to deal with it, if you deal with it there is no addiction. I actually hate going numb, this world is numb and cant feel shit, cant feel other peoples emotions like if it were their own, none of that registers to them. I agree most people drink or have some addiction, but its all just a distraction, there's something behind that.

Edited by Alex7

Everyone I know is an addict too. My mum has a good heart but is a chain smoker and drinks a lot. I used to moan at my mum sometimes when I was younger for smoking near me. I was always quite health conscious. When I was 14 all my friends smoked they would always offer me and i would always say no. I started smoking at age 21, not because of my mum but cause my friends always constantly offered me and i just one day said yes. I'm 30 now and haven't smoked in 8 months. But I think  now  that it was part of my life lesson to become addicted. Before I never used to understand addiction, and never had a lot of sympathy for people who would almost kill themself for eating too much, or from smoking or drugs etc. I used to have some sympathy but not a lot, cause i thought why don't they just stop. But now I fully understand why, and no how difficult it can be to give up an addiction. My friend also spiked my drink with mdma too, after I started to like that as well. but have given that up also. I'm not sure what your lesson is for being surrounded by addicts, but everything happens for a reason, and be careful not to get influenced by them